Up graded tp AT Pro, Will I ever use my Ace 350 again?

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have an Ace 350 with 8.5x11 and 4.5 sniper coils with covers, also enviromental cover, for electronics. Only have about 30 hours on this set up. Question; When my AT Pro gets here, will I really have any need for the 350, if You dont use Pro mode they are basicaly the same? Grandson not interested, or it was his! Anybody come up with a good reason to keep it? Not opposed to having more than one machine but they are quite simalure no?

JmCraz8

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Currently using: XP DEUS, T2 SE and the Garret Carrot lol
Have used: Garret Ace 250, Garret AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You might I haven't switched back to my ace 250 ever since my AT Pro arrived last week but it still comes with me as a backup.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice to have a backup. Also a loaner should some one want to join you.

OP
OP
cooper1841

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I thought about that relevantchair, I retired early, wife still has a few more years to go. I cant imagine doing this while being bothered with a job. I can go all day every day, if I want, might need a loaner for a friend......................for a cut of their finds lol

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field Pi/Whites Dfx/ Garrett At Pro/Garrett Ace 250/ Whites M6/ Detector Pro Pirate /Tesoro Sand Shark/
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV/ Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
will ever switch back? Nope

kayden

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Ace250,AT Pro & Garrett Propointer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have an Ace 350 with 8.5x11 and 4.5 sniper coils with covers, also enviromental cover, for electronics. Only have about 30 hours on this set up. Question; When my AT Pro gets here, will I really have any need for the 350, if You dont use Pro mode they are basicaly the same? Grandson not interested, or it was his! Anybody come up with a good reason to keep it? Not opposed to having more than one machine but they are quite simalure no?
Save for a backup & also when asking permission to hunt Private properties ....offer it to the landowner to try while you detect his property......Just another avenue to get permission on private properties!

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
back up loaner

nickeltabs

Feb 2, 2013
West Michigan, Holland
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Garrett AT Pro
1 Garrett Pro Pointer
1 Lesche Trowel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
all good ideas, to keep it and at a lower price then the At Pro, keep in the trunk as, --look at that pile of dirt, wish i had my detector with me kind of thing

rossman85

May 14, 2012
harrisburg, pa
Detector(s) used
garrett at pro, pro pointer, lesche digger
I think the idea as keeping it as a loaner is a great idea. I want to buy a second detector just for that.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would say the same thing as most are saying...Its a great backup detector...I still carry around my ACE 250.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread