Shipping a GTI 2500

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm in one part of the country, and my GTI 2500 is in another. I'm going to be on the road for a couple of months, with some weather related days off here and there. I keep looking at the fields and wonderful hunting grounds I'm passing by and wish I had my gear with me.

So, does anyone know the dimensions of the GTI, with the shaft split? I'm going to buy a good gun case that my wife can ship my detector to me in, along with the digger and pinpointer. It's got to be thick enough to handle the control head as well.

If anyone has a specific box, I would appreciate any info you have on the container.

Many thanks-

hoosierguy

Feb 5, 2013
Laconia, IN
Detector(s) used
● Minelab Manticore ● Minelab CTX-3030 ● Minelab Equinox 800 ● Minelab Goldmaster 1000 ● Garrett Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just a thought...have her take it to a UPS store. They will have or make the perfect size box and they pack things VERY well. Apply enough insurance to cover replacement cost and have her send it to you via UPS. :)

OP
OP
G.I.B.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks, thought of that, but I'd like a container that I can use multiple times as I'm traveling a lot.

Presently stuck in Jasper IN. *sigh*

(it needs to survive airline checked baggage as well)

Last edited:

hoosierguy

Feb 5, 2013
Laconia, IN
Detector(s) used
● Minelab Manticore ● Minelab CTX-3030 ● Minelab Equinox 800 ● Minelab Goldmaster 1000 ● Garrett Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks, thought of that, but I'd like a container that I can use multiple times as I'm traveling a lot.

Presently stuck in Jasper IN. *sigh*

(it needs to survive airline checked baggage as well)

Understand... Jasper's not too nice this time of year but it has a rich history. I'm about 70 miles from there. Jasper has a German heritage and of course used to be a big player in the wood business. I used to work for a veneer company and made trips to Jasper yo visit customers.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
get the box and duct tape the out side or
rhino Gard the out side
problem solved

OP
OP
G.I.B.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
get the box and duct tape the out side or
rhino Gard the out side
problem solved

How does that solve my problem?

To quote the first post- "So, does anyone know the dimensions of the GTI, with the shaft split? I'm going to buy a good gun case that my wife can ship my detector to me in, along with the digger and pinpointer. It's got to be thick enough to handle the control head as well."

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions