AT Pro - my 20 hour results

Jay In NewKen

Jun 24, 2012
New Kensington, Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't usually post my finds, being they're none to impressive compared to others here on TNet. That being said, I've been practicing with the ATP in my front yard (8' x 32') and backyard which is probably triple that size.

30+ - clad and copper pennies
2 - nickels
4 - dimes
1 - wheaty (my first!)

The ATP is a coin beast! Absolutely love this machine. Still learning, pull tabs still get me, but there are just some tones that just yell "Dig here now!"

JmCraz8

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Currently using: XP DEUS, T2 SE and the Garret Carrot lol
Have used: Garret Ace 250, Garret AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sweeeet finds, I love the AT Pro.

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field Pi/Whites Dfx/ Garrett At Pro/Garrett Ace 250/ Whites M6/ Detector Pro Pirate /Tesoro Sand Shark/
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV/ Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its a beast shhhh

Alleydog

Mar 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
right on! I just bought my AT Pro 3 days ago. I've spent 15 hours on it. The first day I found 1 dime and 3 pennies a pop top and a nail... I was so frustrated I felt I should have kept my Ace 250. I went home watched the instructional videos again and put some practice time on the bench. I practiced my pin point technique the next night I found $15 bucks in quarters, nickels, and dimes. I was getting targets 12 inches down. yesterday I focused on broken tones and found tons of deep iron! I am have a good time learning my machine this is going to be one heck of a machine once my techniques and skill level catch up to it's capability!

KJ&nugget

Mar 9, 2013
Republic of South Afrika and Wa. State USA
Detector(s) used
I use a garrett AT pro.
My son uses a Technetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had mine a month now.

It's getting pretty easy to blow past the garbage and dig the coins up. I also have a strategy that in a new place that has not had any prior MD guys I set everything to the most selective settings and fly through the area fast. I can collect a lot of coins that way. I also found that before I even dig, with the AT pro talking to me, I can find coins in the grass or barely below the surface. So I just use the pinpointer to locate the coins at the top.

It's pretty easy to know it's not been hunted hard when you start finding coins in the close shallow areas in the most typical places, around the picknik tables and beach areas. When I hit on a dozen coins fast, I'm pretty confident it's not been detected much or maybe ever.

My son is using a Whites Prizm II, not a really great machine by comparison. When he hits a dozen coins, doubtfull anyone has been there before, or in a long time.

The AT pro can be set up very well to just hit on 80 and above which will fill your pockets with coins and not have you digging junk. Aluminum, and bottle caps still get me now and then. I'm not sure the reason for bottle caps, they are tin? But I'll tell you what, if its metal and round within a foot of an AT pro, it will find it.

OP
OP
Jay In NewKen

Jay In NewKen

Jun 24, 2012
New Kensington, Pa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree...totally. went out today for a few hours and hit a park i've never tried. Can slaw was horrible and the pull tabs were plenty, but gotta check those. I figure i'd do some recon and cleaning so my next trip might turn up some silver. The AT Pro still impresses me. A better machine just makes this hobby so much more fun, enjoyable, and addicting. HH

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I only have about 20 hours with my AT Pro, and I'm impressed. Been to the beach, hits small foil deep, found dimes at 8+ inches. Hit a school today, more clad. Never found so many nickles! Cant get to close to playground equipment, with that big DD coil, lots of false signals, even 8-10 inches away. Still have the Ace 350, with 4.5 Sniper coil, for those spots

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field Pi/Whites Dfx/ Garrett At Pro/Garrett Ace 250/ Whites M6/ Detector Pro Pirate /Tesoro Sand Shark/
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV/ Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its the nickel monster.

OP
OP
Jay In NewKen

Jay In NewKen

Jun 24, 2012
New Kensington, Pa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've also noticed that can slaw reads in the 70+ on the VDI, but produces a higher tone. I've been trying to interpret all the info the detector provides. This is just my observation so far. And i agree, found more nickels in 2 months with the ATP than a full year with the 250.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread