AT Gold Advice?

ATGoldGuy

Mar 12, 2013
Heath, OH
Detector(s) used
AT Gold & AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone. I'm a Newbie to the forum and to MDing. I have about $1000.00 total to spend and have been reading quite a bit. I have decided on the Garrett AT Gold...based on my budget...and the fact that I want to get a hand Pinpointer, digger, etc.

I was wondering if anyone had any opinions on the AT Gold they could share with me.

I called myself ATGoldGuy when I registered...not very original huh?

Thanks!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
AT Gold operates at 18kHz which means NOT good in trash filled areas. Go with the AT Pro; Tesoro Vaquero; Minelab 505; yadda, yadda, yadda. Good Luck!

TomPA

Feb 13, 2011
Western PA.
Detector(s) used
F75
AT Pro Gold
Infinium
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
In order to receive the opinions that might help you out, you should provide as much information as to things like: Where you will be detecting and what you might expect to find at these spots. Think of it as "OK I'm buying this fly rod, now what do I do?" Pretty vague and open. The same thing applies when buying a detector. As for an opinion on the AT Pro Gold, I'm real happy so far with mine.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The AT Gold is a nice starter detector which you should enjoy. It is however about the only one I don't have. As for your user name, Ya gotta be called something.

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The At Gold is great for finding subgram gold. It also is used for relic hunting, jewelry and coins. It does not perform well in wet salt sand, so it's not recommended for the salt water beach.

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

OP
OP
ATGoldGuy

ATGoldGuy

Mar 12, 2013
Heath, OH
Detector(s) used
AT Gold & AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone for your advice. I greatly appreciate it! Looks like I might go with the AT Pro...if I can find someone who has one in stock.

chuncho

Feb 10, 2013
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd go with the AT Pro. AND I'd but it from Wayne @ Metal Detecting Stuff.

Last edited:

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why not Wayne :wink:

AT GoldGuy, Chuncho recently made a purchase from us and based on his comments, he was happy with the service. We would love the opportunity to earn your business. Call us if we can help with your decision, I'd be happy to go into more detail the differences between the AT Gold and AT Pro. They are both excellent machines, the choice depends on the type of hunting and targets you are seeking.

Wayne
(832) 928-9135

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

dig kzoo

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2013
Kalamazoo co. MI
Detector(s) used
1 Minelab CTX3030, 2 Garrett AT Gold, Garrett ACE 350, 2 Bounty Hunter tracker IV,BH Junior, 2 Garrett pro pointers
a family adventure!!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I bought mt AT gold and day 1 have a ring Suspect junk) and some clad. nice detector

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread