whats your favorite vt pro setting?

Fabbr

Jan 28, 2013
South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro 5x8DD coil, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett pro pointer, Lesche, Grey Ghost Headphones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My favorite land setting

I'm all over the place, sand, salt water, and land. just wondering what md's favorite settings are for your hunts.

Im assuming you meant AT pro, if so for land hunting if its fairly trashy(no bell tones for me) i like pro coins mode 1 notch under max sens, if the ground is fairly clean i run pro zero mode with max or -1 sens depending on chatter with iron audio on, just yesterday my 9 year old and i were at a local (hunted out)park with plenty of trash, i got a signal that was iffy, (pro coins) the best way to describe it was an almost simultaneous grunt and nice clean high pitch, similar to an iron falsing hit, my son says "sounds like trash and a coin next to each other" man this kid is a fast learner :laughing7:. So we dig and about 4 inches down is an old top of a pencil, stick the pro pointer in the hole and theres still a signal, at 6 inches down a 1938 wheatie, directly below the trash. This is a super fun and effective machine. Good luck.

Fabbr

Jan 28, 2013
South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro 5x8DD coil, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett pro pointer, Lesche, Grey Ghost Headphones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Im assuming you meant AT pro, if so for land hunting if its fairly trashy(no bell tones for me) i like pro coins mode 1 notch under max sens, if the ground is fairly clean i run pro zero mode with max or -1 sens depending on chatter with iron audio on, just yesterday my 9 year old and i were at a local (hunted out)park with plenty of trash, i got a signal that was iffy, (pro coins) the best way to describe it was an almost simultaneous grunt and nice clean high pitch, similar to an iron falsing hit, my son says "sounds like trash and a coin next to each other" man this kid is a fast learner :laughing7:. So we dig and about 4 inches down is an old top of a pencil, stick the pro pointer in the hole and theres still a signal, at 6 inches down a 1938 wheatie, directly below the trash. This is a super fun and effective machine. Good luck.

Also that is with the 5x8 DD coil, i started out with the stock coil, and after trying the small coil i may never use it again, i ordered the 2coil at pro package, the small coil is a must in any kind of trashy areas imho.

OP
OP
M

mikeybgoode

Greenie
Mar 12, 2013
Thanks for the advise, seems to be a very popular opinion. will order one very soon

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread