Did anyone try one of these yet? a nel coil for the Garrett AT Gold.

Ace350

Apr 12, 2012
The Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Ace350/ATpro/2Excalibur1000's
Eldorado/Bandito II µMax/Conquistador µMax/
Silver Sabre µMax/ Compadre/ Whites TRX & Garrett Pro-Pointer/ Lesche digger model 75 Stealth 720i & S3i Scoops
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You do not understand. I was responding to dustytrails' comment about the big ace350 coil.
What I mean is that ace350 coil plugs do not fit AT series tecters. If I could get a good big ten inch circular concentric for the atpro, I would be a happy camper.

Garrett makes a 6.5"x9" and a 9"x12" concentric coil.
If that's what you're looking for.

Here is the site.
http://www.garrett.com/hobbysite/hbby_ace_350_searchcoils.aspx

OP
OP
L

LesLovesHunting

Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No. That is the storm. I ordered the attack. And sorry gleaner1. I guess i didnt know what you meant.

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
This is and excellent thread. Everyone wants an effective deep light coil for their pro or gold. The nel coils certainly have their place and should respond well to a 24 inch deep fruit jar full of silver. I look forward to some videos of air tests but I am too lazy to search for them. In the meantime I will be content with my big dd.

ivanll

Jul 5, 2008
TNQ
Both Garrett and NEL make excellent coils, it's a simple matter of choosing one that fits the area, condition and job at hand.......it'll serve the user best.

NEL Hunter coils is used on both AT-Pro, CSI-Pro and AT-Gold over here, with splendid review and results.

Mine is also used when water hunting.
P8187103_600.jpg

ivanll

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ivanll said:
Both Garrett and NEL make excellent coils, it's a simple matter of choosing one that fits the area, condition and job at hand.......it'll serve the user best.

NEL Hunter coils is used on both AT-Pro, CSI-Pro and AT-Gold over here, with splendid review and results.

Mine is also used when water hunting.

ivanll

Hey ivanll, where did you get the headphone on top the photo?

ivanll

Jul 5, 2008
TNQ
Got mine on eBay.....they are available from many dealers.

Just do a search on.
h2o audio surge sportwrap

I fitted the Garrett compatible plug.

ivanll

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
I forwarded this to today's date, even though it is nearly 1 year old as I thought it was relevant discussion.

punkass761

Jun 10, 2012
SOUTHERN California
Detector(s) used
GARRETT ATGOLD, GTP 1350,Ace 250,2 propointers, Whites coinmaster,bounty hunter pioneer ex,radio shack vlf. discriminator fisher pinpointer,hf pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i just ordered theeeeehunter ffffor my atgggggtoday from the only U.S. dealer and it is less expensive than the nel manufacture.
here is the U.S. dealers site.
NEL-Coils at Golddigger Metal Detectors

Ace350

Apr 12, 2012
The Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Ace350/ATpro/2Excalibur1000's
Eldorado/Bandito II µMax/Conquistador µMax/
Silver Sabre µMax/ Compadre/ Whites TRX & Garrett Pro-Pointer/ Lesche digger model 75 Stealth 720i & S3i Scoops
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the Tornado.

It's a bit heavy and not too stable on the salt water beach as I thought it would be.
It does work well inland. But it is noticeably heavier than the stock 8.5x11 coil after you swing it for an hour or two. If you know your AT-pro well It does go deeper than the stock coil and may work better for large fields inland.

strycker

Mar 26, 2013
Winchester, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75LTD, White's TDI, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ACE 350, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
No. That is the storm. I ordered the attack. And sorry gleaner1. I guess i didnt know what you meant.

I've been interested in the Attack Coil. Have you given yours a run around yet? I have some open fields that have sparse signals, so a huge coil would get me deeper and cover more ground. Do you think it works better than the 9x12 stock? I'm on the fence right now debating the need for it. Can you give a review?

pkirill

Jul 22, 2013
Richmond, VA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, MI6 pinpointer, Lesche 40" ground shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I realize I'm jumping in on a old thread, but figured I'd share. I had a NEL Attack for my AT Pro and ended up sending it back after a weekend of use. For me:
- I thought it was too finicky to get the proper ground balance in the areas I hunt;
- it was really chatty in even damp saltwater sand and after turning down the sensitivity to a point where it was quiet enough to use I felt I was negating the depth I was supposed to be getting;
- it was very heavy. Picking up one of the swing buddy slings helped a lot and a straight shaft might have made it better. But then I would have been adding like $400 to a $500 detector...
- The surface of the coil was very slick which made it impossible to tighten the mounting screw/bolt enough to keep the coil level.
Had I been lucky enough to run over a few really deep targets, I might have kept it but I didn't so it went. When I found a full Deus kit for $1k, I jumped ship completely.

austin_luker

Oct 17, 2014
New York State
Detector(s) used
XP Dues (AKA: EMI Chaser/Dog fence lover)
9" X35 - 11" LF - HF Elliptical - MI6 -
Garrett AT Pro with Neil Storm Coil, NEL SharpShooter and Garrett Pro PinPointer AT (Carrot)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Was yours made for the AT Pro? As the Neil coils are not compatible between the AT Pro and AT Gold. I use the Neil Storm on a AT Pro and LOVE it!! Yes its a little more weight but I'm still young enough not to care, Yes it goes DEEP! I have found more silver and good finds with this coil in 3 months then I had with 3 years with the stock coil. They are great coils if you take the time to learn its flaws and stregths. I used under water with no issue and use it almost daily for land hunting. Relics, coins, silver the Neils will find them all! I got mine from http://thegolddigger.com[/URL} Ronnie is great and the other staff is top notch as well! Highly recomend buying from these guys/girls as they are also get out in the field so they know what they are talking about

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread