I got a new Ace 250, 2 days ago. So far I am very impressed.

iowaguy75

Greenie
Mar 17, 2013
Have found 1 quarter, 2 dimes, and at least a dozen pennies. The oldest of the bunch is a 1968 dime. Found out right away it is not easy keeping one hand clean and also it is very important to invest in a high quality plug digger or whatever it is called.
I have found out if it is foil or a piece of a popcan, the pin pointer acts different and the coin identity bounces around.
I also see why having a pin pointer would be a real game changer in the time category.
I am going to get a garret pin pointer, is that the best one out there.
Thanks and happy hunting.
I am going to attempt to keep this updated on my experiences with the Ace 250

Also I try not to dig things that show 8+ inches mainly because in the tot area the lining for Sand or wood chips is around 6 inches. Am I Missing out on some good stuff.

IBdiggin

Mar 21, 2013
Central Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70,Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250, 2 Garrett pro-pointers
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Glad to hear your happy with the ace 250 neighbor. Just bought one for wife/grandson machine.. We are all newbies so I have not bought a second detector as of yet. Waiting for winter to end here in Wi. but got my eye on either at pro or a F4 fisher.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
there you go your all ready learning about your detector
all ways Carrie extra batteries with yea
when your out in the feild

Ace350

Apr 12, 2012
The Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Ace350/ATpro/2Excalibur1000's
Eldorado/Bandito II µMax/Conquistador µMax/
Silver Sabre µMax/ Compadre/ Whites TRX & Garrett Pro-Pointer/ Lesche digger model 75 Stealth 720i & S3i Scoops
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys are on the right track.

As far as the best digger. Save yourself a lot of money trying cheap hardware store brands. Just buy a Lesche. It is the most recommended digger on T-net for a reason.

The AT-Pro transitions easily from the ACE series detectors. It has a " standard mode" which basically mimics the sound an Ace makes when over a coin. Then after you are comfortable with it you can individually progress to the more advanced features the AT-pro is known for.

calisdad

Bronze Member
Sep 8, 2010
Groveland, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to T-Net.

You've already found out the 250 is a great coin grabber. On those 8" hits- dig a few to see if your assumptions are correct. No detector is perfect, you might find a nice surprise. Practice, practice, practice.

jekyll23

Mar 18, 2013
Downey, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You will enjoy the 250 great machine to start out with, IMO. I purchased mine in July last year and currently my coin count just broke 900. Enjoy the detector and the Lesche is the way to go, did you mention if you are using headphones? If not invest in a pair.

O

Onus

I tried several brands in the economy price range before I bought my ACE 250. I got mine when they first came out and have been extremely happy with mine. Last year I won a second ACE 250 at a hunt so now I have a backup. It's still in the box, brand new. I also bought one of the newer Garrett machines and I am extremely happy with it too. The 250 is touted as a beginners machine, but it will keep pace with others costing several hundred dollars more. Good choice!

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had mine (Ace 250) for a week now and have hunted in my front yard and have found about $1.50 in coins ,mainly pennies,did find a quarter and 2 pennies @8 inches down.I've also found assorted junk,such as beer cans,rusty nails,bottle caps and a small pewter bear,about a inch long,it was about 2 inches underground.
I'm hooked,and for now I don't want to upgrade to the PRO models.:icon_thumright:

hbrown66

Mar 25, 2013
taylorville,IL
Detector(s) used
minelab equinox
minelab e trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just order my 250 today...cant wait to get out with it!!!!

DangerDude

Apr 6, 2013
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 250, BH IV, Fisher F2 and Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got my 250 2 months ago and the ground is almost thawed. I was to anxious to try it so I worked the front and back yards and found 3 dimes, wheatie, 5 memorials and some kind of ring. I'm still adjusting to the machine but so far so good. Also just joined this site and all the info is great !!!

OP
OP
I

iowaguy75

Greenie
Mar 17, 2013
It is pretty cool to read posts from people whom are at the same stage that I was less than a month ago......waiting for the 250 to arrive in the mail.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys are on the right track.

As far as the best digger. Save yourself a lot of money trying cheap hardware store brands. Just buy a Lesche. It is the most recommended digger on T-net for a reason.

The AT-Pro transitions easily from the ACE series detectors. It has a " standard mode" which basically mimics the sound an Ace makes when over a coin. Then after you are comfortable with it you can individually progress to the more advanced features the AT-pro is known for.

what advance features

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what advance features
He means the Pro Mode and Iron Audio which are advanced features up from the 250.

Join NRA.JPG

Last edited:

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Iowaguy75,I too have an Ace250 and I've found 4 of my quarters @ 8 inches+,to me it's worth digging,'cause you never know what you'll find down there, and buy a good handheld digger or a small shovel from Predator tools.

Ace350

Apr 12, 2012
The Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Ace350/ATpro/2Excalibur1000's
Eldorado/Bandito II µMax/Conquistador µMax/
Silver Sabre µMax/ Compadre/ Whites TRX & Garrett Pro-Pointer/ Lesche digger model 75 Stealth 720i & S3i Scoops
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He means the Pro Mode and Iron Audio which are advanced features up from the 250.

Wow... Sandman that's about the nicest thing I think I have ever heard you say about
the AT-Pro. ;)
See that! Miracles never cease to happen!

Last edited:

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took my Ace out into the woods the other day,didn't find any money but found a belt buckle about 8 inches down and allot of nails,also found a marble.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions