Bad News , Good News

herb n surf

Jun 12, 2011
Gulf Coast Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites' Pi Pro, Dual Field, and fisher labs' Cz21 , BH Land Star, BH 3300 ,Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]This is a follow up on my old Garrett Master Hunter CX ll detector. I had sent it in for repairs, but today I got a call from the Garrett repair dept. that the detector is too far gone to be worked on. That was the bad news . The good news (Hopefully) is that they were willing to give me 40 % off any detector and 35% off coils if I traded the old detector in . So... I'll soon have have my new GTI 2500 detector along with a new sniper coil for those tight trashy areas . I had to think about this for a moment because I have never used a 2500 and have read some really bad reports on the detector about its weight and lack of depth . I have also read good reports on the detector about its amazing depth and how well balanced it is. (so.. who are you going to believe?) You just really don't know who is writing these reviews sometimes. I hope it works out all right. Take care and happy TH'ing..[/FONT]

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
outstanding.gif
Outstanding herb n surf! Let us know how the new puppy performs.

OP
OP
herb n surf

herb n surf

Jun 12, 2011
Gulf Coast Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites' Pi Pro, Dual Field, and fisher labs' Cz21 , BH Land Star, BH 3300 ,Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
outstanding.gif
Outstanding herb n surf! Let us know how the new puppy performs.
I'll do that . I was notified by forum members in the UK that the 2500 was a big failure over that way . Hoping to hear from users here in the USA. .Thanks

Potts

Oct 13, 2010
U.P. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
herb n surf...........I'm not a 2500 user, but I read those are some really good detector units.........I would question the UK member on where this individual purchased his unit.....Indonesia and China makes replicas and often ship those to the UK ....... I would also ask his age of the user.....Unless you know know the individual personally...

Sandscoopdan

May 19, 2012
Cypress,Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Extreme scoop
Boat: 20ft Four Winns w/92 V8 5.0L Cobra Mustang engine
Primary Interest:
Hi herb n surf,

I am deciding on a new detector as well. I have been reading a lot of good reviews about the gti 2500. I am hearing from veterans with 25+ yrs experience with multiple detectors say this is one of the deepest ones out there. Going to get the gti 2500 next month. Getting my daughter an at pro. That way we can trade off. I hope you report back with some nice finds!
Cheers,
Dan

choppadude

Dec 23, 2012
Twin Tiers NY
Detector(s) used
XP Deus X2, CTX 3030, E Trac, T2, AT Pro, AKA Sorex, Makro Kruzer, Minelab GP3500, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats Herb! I also sent my Grand master Hunter in for repairs and it was also beyond repair due to the unavailability of parts. I used the 40% trade in towards my ATPro and could not be happier. Down side was I had to pay full retail but still came out about $100 ahead of the game.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread