NJnuggetpirate

Bronze Member
Feb 14, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett PRO POINTER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The At Pro is good for 10 feet of water......is this from the coil or Control Unit ?
Also has anyone used the At Pro snorking ?

yes there should be some videos of it online

LinkHylian

Dec 21, 2012
WA State
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro + ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Diesel sounds like he knows what's up. There's no way Garrett would make something rated at 10', then at 11' or maybe 12' it just breaks. I'm sure they made the unit, did some tests and then subtracted a couple feet to counterbalance the idiot-factor a.k.a American Syndrome. I will be buying a scoop soon and I'll actually bring a yard stick or 3 with me.
Will report back soon.

EMF

Dec 3, 2012
Corbin, Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Umax, Tesoro Compadre 5.75" coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well when was the last time someone sent a coil back because it started leaking?

Blskypilot

Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Infinium ls
At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've used mine in the surf and freshwater lakes. Never had it ten feet deep submerged for extended periods but if your looking for jewelry / coins and using a scoop you will be at less than ten feet so whats it matter?

I don't see you being able to stand on the bottom at ten feet deep and operate a scoop without weight on you and a way to breathe while your down there....

Sent my coil and box in a month or two back because it was missing test subjects at 3-4 inches. Dunno if it was water related. Came back with a new coil and screen far as I could tell

NJnuggetpirate

Bronze Member
Feb 14, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I need to get the waterproof headphones but I heard Garrett brand is the only ones that fit for the PRO

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I need to get the waterproof headphones but I heard Garrett brand is the only ones that fit for the PRO
Sounds like you got your At-Pro! Congratulations!

Power Guy

Apr 2, 2013
Camino, CA
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lets set the record straight. I have an AT PRO and used it in the water at Cocoa beach FL for 2 years. As long as you..
1. dont go deeper than 10 feet and
2. Only use underwater headphones.
3. I always rinsed mine off in clean water after use.

I have had no issues

Ace350

Apr 12, 2012
The Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Ace350/ATpro/2Excalibur1000's
Eldorado/Bandito II µMax/Conquistador µMax/
Silver Sabre µMax/ Compadre/ Whites TRX & Garrett Pro-Pointer/ Lesche digger model 75 Stealth 720i & S3i Scoops
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can get Grey Ghost Underwater headphones for it.

image-1366478027.jpg

http://indiannationsdetectors.com/atprogg.html

OP
OP
Potts

Potts

Oct 13, 2010
U.P. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found this photo on TreasureNet a while back, posted by another member.....don't re-call the users name but I thought it was a cleaver idea and saved the photo on how to make a Boogie Board.....Thought I'd pass it along....

Bellie  board.jpg

extreme detecting

Jun 21, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Nox 600, XP Deus 1 and Deus 2, Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd wait a few weeks before buying ANY headphones for the AT series...

Not for long Wayne....stay tuned for an exciting new product release...if I was in the market for waterproof headphones for my AT or Infinium...I'd wait a few weeks and not buy either the Stock phones or the amateur splice job done by Indian Nation...

You'll be kicking yourself in the butt for not waiting...you gotta trust me on this......buy hey - it'll be your money that you're throwing away......

.......so the Garrett Underwater headphones are the only ones that fit.

Wayne
Metal Detector Sales and Rentals | Fisher, Garrett, Minelab, Lesche and DetectorPro

NJnuggetpirate

Bronze Member
Feb 14, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lets set the record straight. I have an AT PRO and used it in the water at Cocoa beach FL for 2 years. As long as you..

I have had no issues

Ok cool thanks for info

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since I won't trust using my AT Pro I will skip any upgraded head phones for it.

stevenh

Feb 27, 2013
SoCal
Detector(s) used
PI: Minelab XP-4500, VLH: Garrett AT Pro, Underwater: Tesoro Piranha, PP: Garrett Pin Pointer Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I have had no issues

Agreed. I treat mine like a watch that says water resistant to XXX. The idea behind the AT is that it allows you to drop it in a river or surf with no issues. It isn't meant to be a serious underwater detector. For the purpose of light water duty, it is a flawless machine.

For serious UW detecting, I'd opt for an Infinium or Sea Hunter (I'm a Garretthead), or a Minelab, as these would be well suited for the task.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread