Potts

Potts

Oct 13, 2010
U.P. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thought some members may know......Thats why I asked here first.....

Last edited:
OP
OP
Potts

Potts

Oct 13, 2010
U.P. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes...I realize it's submersible to 10 feet.....from what point is my question .....is it from the coil or the control unit....does anyone know for sure.. or do I need to find out like G.A.P.metal suggested....

Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The box is waterproof to 10-feet in depth. It is NOT meant for snorkling, or saltwater. Get a Tesoro TIGER Shark for fresh water diving.

OP
OP
Potts

Potts

Oct 13, 2010
U.P. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The box is waterproof to 10-feet in depth. It is NOT meant for snorkling, or saltwater. Get a Tesoro TIGER Shark for fresh water diving.
I understand about the Tesoro TIGER in which I DON"T OWN.....and could care less about.....I'm asking about the Garrett At Pro

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't take it more than 10' deep. Good luck!

OP
OP
Potts

Potts

Oct 13, 2010
U.P. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't take what.... the coil or control unit to 10'.....My plan is snorkeling..not under water diving......

bevo

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
eastern wa
Detector(s) used
minelab eureka,fisher f2,ace 150,fisher gold tick,whites coin classic II
p.s. I would call Garrett.

KJ&nugget

Mar 9, 2013
Republic of South Afrika and Wa. State USA
Detector(s) used
I use a garrett AT pro.
My son uses a Technetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are plenty of videos on youtube of guys with the whole thing under water. The entire unit. It's rated for 10 feet deep in it's entirety. Coil control box, handle, the whole works!

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To be safe, keep the lowest part no more than 10 feet deep. If you are snorkeling, you will need the waterproof headphones. The standard headphones are waterproof only up to the headset.

OP
OP
Potts

Potts

Oct 13, 2010
U.P. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So the lowest part would be the coil... from your understanding....correct me if I'm wrong.......I understand the headphones so let's remove that for now....

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's my suggestion. In reality, you will have a hard time taking the control box down to 10 feet, it has a little bit of buoyancy. Recovering a target from snorkeling at a 10 foot depth is another issue.

I've completely submerged mine multiple times, but only in five feet of water. The control head is only 18" to 2' underwater at that point.

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

rwalling2000

Tenderfoot
Feb 26, 2013
Coshocton, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I asked this question on another forum. I was told that the control unit is good for 10 ft. So with the coil which is anoter 2 1/2 ft. Actuallly that would be 12 1/2 ft. Thats what I figured.

pDogg

Tenderfoot
Feb 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe Garrett is talking about the control unit. All things being equal, at a depth of 10 feet the control unit will be subject to approximately 4.34 pounds of pressure per square inch (psi). Any amount of pressure over that and the unit may leak.

rikdafish

Tenderfoot
Mar 18, 2013
I thought the at pro is ok in fresh and salt water. The at gold is only good in fresh. Is that right or did Misread that somewhere?

pDogg

Tenderfoot
Feb 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rikdafish you are correct. However, the ATGold could be used in salt water but due to its higher frequency (18 KHz) you are gonna get more feedback/interference due to the mineralization of the salt water. With the ATPro you are able to minimize the interference due to its lower frequency of 15 KHz and slightly different circuitry.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I really don't think anyone is taking a tape measure with them under water. If manufacturer says 10 feet it is probably safe to much further. They usually are on the conservative side. The coil is really pretty sealed anyways so I would say the part I would worry about water intrusion would be the box.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread