Whites Coinmaster Classic III verses Ace 250

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENTLY USING: Minelab Go-Find 60, Nokta Fors CoRe, Macro Racer, Whites MXT All Pro, Fisher F19, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab CTX3030, XP Deus.
USED: Garrett ATX, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know this is the Garrett forum but I am currently using the whites Cm Class III and AM READY FOR A NEW DETECTOR, Was wondering if anyone has the whites and the Ace 250? I would like to know how much, if any, will the 250 be??? Sorry I keep asking so many ? about the 250 but I only have about 10 days to make my decision in reguards to what detector I am going to order.. Thanks. oh I did find a 1918D wheaty and a thimble with the words Scudders' Extract's with the whites today. will post pics of all my finds in the last 2 months as soon as our camera is fixed.

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Ace 250 is quite a detector for the price. It depends on how much $$$ you want to spend.

If you Google Garrett Ace 250 you will see that everyone usually sells them for $212.45. The smaller coil for trashy areas will cost $65.

The minimum Whites I would take is the Matrix M6. The Prism series seem to be a lot like the Ace 250, only costlier. But that is just what I read. I am no expert.

OP
OP
Gonehunting

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENTLY USING: Minelab Go-Find 60, Nokta Fors CoRe, Macro Racer, Whites MXT All Pro, Fisher F19, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab CTX3030, XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Phantasman said:
The Ace 250 is quite a detector for the price. It depends on how much $$$ you want to spend.
If you Google Garrett Ace 250 you will see that everyone usually sells them for $212.45.
Well I've been looking for a new detector since november.. wife was going to get me one for Christmas but we waited so we could spend more on the daughter...
I wan't to stay under $350 to 400. and have decided I want target id so it pretty much rules only the 250. but was wondering if anyone had the two detectors and could compare them for me...

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Ace has TID. It identifies the target by a small square showing up under the possible target listed above the screen. If you are talking about a numerical ID, I think the Mindlab Xterra 30 would fill that need. It's $350.

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got an Ace 250 for Christmas and I am pleased about the target identification. It seems to be almost 100% identifying quarters and dimes. When it shows a definite strong nickel signal it usually is. When you get a nickel signal that don't sound real strong or it bounces from nickel to foil is can be a gold ring, silver ring or even a pull tab or just a small piece of foil that you will have to completely destroy the plug of dirt to find. It sure is sensitive and will pick up targets over a foot deep. I've only used a whites once and it was back in the 70's so I could not give any imput on how good they work now.

OP
OP
Gonehunting

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Allan, the vaq is one of the best investments I have made in a long time... i can't get over the depth of the targets that i am finding... if you have a customer that want's to hear from someone that uses this detector send them to me. I have found some good stuff and have learned the machine.. it is by far an excellent detector.. thanks for the advise.

ernie

Jun 11, 2004
i have both detectors and heres how i see it.the classic 111 runs a lot smoother and quieter than the 250.very little falsing.problem is they are no longer made they do not have tid but are a great coin machine.now for the 250.tid is usually right on depth is good notch discrimination.it shows the condition of your batteries.the classic 111 does not more modes to hunt in.lighter and more balanced than the classic 111.uses four less batteries.has coin alert.just a great all round detector.good they are both good machines but the 250 gets my vote.good luck with what ever you choose. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread