The truth about the AT Pro

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field Pi/Whites Dfx/ Garrett At Pro/Garrett Ace 250/ Whites M6/ Detector Pro Pirate /Tesoro Sand Shark/
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV/ Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I own one and can tell anyone that wants to hunt the same park that ill find just as manny good finds as them with My At Pro than with there machine of choice if not more. The proof 7 rings in 3 months ownership 3 of them Gold a boat load of clad and a Gold hoop braclet. Now does it sing on a bottle top every now and then sure. But so do my Whites machines and others ive owned and used. Its just part of detecting and finding the goods. If you want good finds dig all if possible because you never know.

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good to know the whites will do that ....there goes another machine off the list to try...and your the first smart person ive seen here in awhile....i agree 100 % you need to dig those tones even when you figure its a bottle cap ...if your machine cant understand the dif between a bottle cap and a quarter theres a problem in my book ....

JSMITH

Feb 23, 2013
Idaho
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO,Garrett Ace 250,Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mr dusty is the judge of who's smart around here now? Gooood night, got quite the ego on ya don't ya?

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field Pi/Whites Dfx/ Garrett At Pro/Garrett Ace 250/ Whites M6/ Detector Pro Pirate /Tesoro Sand Shark/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The truth is no id machine is 100 percent acurate at iding coins or jewlry. Some are better some are worse. Other than the pesky bottle tops the At Pro does a fine job of iding coins and jewlry. Hell it hits nickels better than any machine ive ever owned and it hits pull tabs reall well. Wee all know those equate to more rings. So all in all the At Pro is a dam fine machine and on top of it a weather proof one with good depth.

JSMITH

Feb 23, 2013
Idaho
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO,Garrett Ace 250,Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The truth is no id machine is 100 percent acurate at iding coins or jewlry. Some are better some are worse. Other than the pesky bottle tops the At Pro does a fine job of iding coins and jewlry. Hell it hits nickels better than any machine ive ever owned and it hits pull tabs reall well. Wee all know those equate to more rings. So all in all the At Pro is a dam fine machine and on top of it a weather proof one with good depth.

Amen brother.

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good to know the whites will do that ....there goes another machine off the list to try...and your the first smart person ive seen here in awhile....i agree 100 % you need to dig those tones even when you figure its a bottle cap ...if your machine cant understand the dif between a bottle cap and a quarter theres a problem in my book ....
Oh Dusty you poor misguided soul I think you may be crossing off allot of detectors if you want one that can perfectly ID your targets 100% of the time.
Now, this thread is about the AT PRO not your ACE unit. You are making an assumption that the ACE and the AT Pro are the same machine and react to bottle caps in the same fasion. Lets not hijack this thread, OK. If you would like to discuse the ACE machines then please start a thread doing so. If you are having difficulties understanding what your machine is telling you then ask for some assistance with it, there are lots of great people on this site that will help you out.
ZDD

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
The circuit is killer. The ergo's are not to write home about it's front heavy with big dd. Throw the toy headphones in the trash.

Last edited:

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hell you show me another weather proof id detector with good depth real good id abilities that comes with headphones and hits this hard on Gold and clad for 600 dollars then will talk.

Last edited:

CaballoDeOro

Jun 29, 2012
Southwest MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh Dusty you poor misguided soul I think you may be crossing off allot of detectors if you want one that can perfectly ID your targets 100% of the time.
Now, this thread is about the AT PRO not your ACE unit. You are making an assumption that the ACE and the AT Pro are the same machine and react to bottle caps in the same fasion. Lets not hijack this thread, OK. If you would like to discuse the ACE machines then please start a thread doing so. If you are having difficulties understanding what your machine is telling you then ask for some assistance with it, there are lots of great people on this site that will help you out.
ZDD

ZDD nails it with this. I don't understand how someone who doesn't even OWN an AT Pro can pass judgment upon it. Anyone that has been detecting for more than a couple months knows that you have to get to know your detector before you can reliably call the target. The only time I have ever thought a bottle cap was a coin with my AT Pro was during the first few outings. Then I figured out what they sound like.

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The real truth about the AT series

I just watched HomeguardDan's post of him and is buddy Bill hunting with Steve Garrett. If you watch the intire vid you will notice that Bill is using an F75, Steve is using the AT Pro and Dan is using the AT Gold. Notice at the end of the Video that all three guys pull up comparable finds. Also notice what Dan says about the ATG in the iron patchs.
If you want the real truth about the AT Series then watch this vid!
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/t...-asked-colonial-hunt-video-join-bill-d-i.html

ZDD

CaballoDeOro

Jun 29, 2012
Southwest MO
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
To answer rikdafish's original question about the build quality of the AT Pro:

I've had mine for a while now and have had no problems at all, even with water hunting and freshwater sand. It's put together with good quality materials that still keep it lightweight: The casing seems plenty tough, the stem remains solidly locked up without wobble or rattles and it is certainly watertight. Mine has been rocked around in speedboat wakes, dropped a couple of times and ridden around in the back of a truck. Not a single problem.

Ace350

Apr 12, 2012
The Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Ace350/ATpro/2Excalibur1000's
Eldorado/Bandito II µMax/Conquistador µMax/
Silver Sabre µMax/ Compadre/ Whites TRX & Garrett Pro-Pointer/ Lesche digger model 75 Stealth 720i & S3i Scoops
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have said it before.
"One must be smarter than the equipment they are working with."

I like it so much I put it in my sig.

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I noticed it was a garret video for garret machines. I would hope they would show some good stuff. I wonder how much the F75 had to carry them that day? With all the post and even the TV shows promoting the AT Pro as the standard, I can not argue that. Joking aside, I stand by my statement it is a good entry level machine. One guy stated its water proof. I live in a desert, and don't see water. The At Pro has 3 tones. I hunt in 3 tones also, but can change the pitch to better hear targets. Its plastic, makes it light and corrosion resistant. Most detectors are. So again this is a standard we all should want in every machine. I think the AT Pro can hunt. In the video the F75 guy made the first find, no one mentioned that. I not only time my finds mentally, I count bottle caps and pull tabs. If the ratio is better than even I change my settings. I don't dig trash any more. I hope for the price you are not digging trash with the Pro. I will say this, I meet a lot of guys in the park, none of them carry the Pro. I look forward to hunting behind one so I can talk about it on here. Might even make one of those videos I have been talking about. The real truth about any detector is this, people loose stuff every day. You will never run out of finds. While I make fun of the safety yellow or the sound the At Pro makes, Im glad we are competitive. But will end with this, some places I hunt you would not do well with the AT Pro. Very good post, got my moneys worth tonite.
Casca, I hunt with a guy that uses an F-75 and beleive me it is a fantastic machine, we do relic hunting not park hunting but I know, if used right the ATP's DD coil can be like a laser beam and in real trashy places you can put on a smaller coil and really pick em out. Now I have said this in the past and will say it again, It's a great machine for the money and WILL get the job done. Are there better machines out there? Yes. Do they cost more? Yes. Is the ATP a piece of garbage like some people here (who don't use one) have said? No.
You have a great machine there and I know exactly how the ATP stacks up against the F75.
The 2 guys in the video are most likely 2 of the best relic hunters in the USA and if they are swing those 2 machines then you can believe me you wont go wrong with either one.
HH
ZDD

Ace350

Apr 12, 2012
The Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Ace350/ATpro/2Excalibur1000's
Eldorado/Bandito II µMax/Conquistador µMax/
Silver Sabre µMax/ Compadre/ Whites TRX & Garrett Pro-Pointer/ Lesche digger model 75 Stealth 720i & S3i Scoops
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I challenge all the haters of the AT-Pro to back up their negative rants and post up a machine of their choice that they feel is better than the AT-Pro and has all the features of the AT-Pro, and is also around the same price or cheaper.

I wish those haters good luck.
I think it will be a very short list. ;)

Last edited:

CaballoDeOro

Jun 29, 2012
Southwest MO
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You really can't realistically compare the AT Pro to the F75. The MSRP of the AT Pro is $699, the F75 is $1,275. They commonly sell for $595 and $949 respectively. That's an enormous difference in price.

For nearly DOUBLE the price, I would expect the F75 to be a better detector! If the AT Pro gets even close to the performance of the F75, that says very, very good things about the Garrett.

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For you coin shooters out there that are having difficulties with bottle caps check this video out at min. 29 they have a good example of what a rolling signal is.
Garrett AT PRO - Coin Shooter Spotlight - Bob Forston

Garrett has some good vids out on there web site. I watch these types of vids when I can hunt regularly, I find it helps keep my head in the game.

ZDD

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can agree with this. I did not buy the F75 because of the price. I do consider the Pro and Gold will hunt. Im not understanding the Bottle Cap problem, but know there is a learning curve with each new spot. The new coil sounds hot and think that is a good thing. I don't look at the negatives, only what the machine can do. If I had a waterproof machine, I would find water just to put it in. I only see a few dedicated guys using it that way, and enjoy their post. Due to certain attitudes, I will occasionally make note of what I believe to be bad manners. What is really sad is the machine could be made better, and that is not happening. So we have to adjust ourselves instead to make up for our machines short comings. I do it too, if I want to be better at what I do. As for a machine that does the same at a good price, I hear the Chinese knock offs are doing really well right now as Garret cant fill the orders. I really hope my suggestion to turn the power down and adjust the disc settings help a few on here. You will clean up if you just hunt the surface till you get better at settings with the machine. Its about confidence, and if you don't trust your machine you wont use it. Garret did it right, he put some very good tech at a affordable price. Nothing wrong with that. But I believe there has been some bad info put out there. Everyone wants the finds they see on here, but throwing money at new stuff isn't going to replace going through a few sets of battery's. Get out there and hunt, dig it all. Doesn't matter what detector I own, it only matters how you are doing with yours. One of you At owners will have to let me play with your detector someday so I can fill in all the requirements to some folks belief the AT has magical quality's and isn't like other VLF property's. I thing the magic is in the operators ability, the machine is only good as you.
AMEN Brother.
ZDD

NJnuggetpirate

Bronze Member
Feb 14, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett PRO POINTER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that sound to me on the DfX
sounds like a computer version off charlie brown, when ever you heard a grown up talk ..blaa blaa

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you know
the atpro doe's look pretty scarey in air tests

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread