AT Pro problems?

echodog

Oct 29, 2012

Silver Worm

Aug 26, 2012
Columbus, Ms.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Eurotek Pro, Fisher F11, Garrett Pro Pointer. AT, Lesche digging tool. 5x8 and 8.5x11 DD coils, 4.5 Super Sniper coil.
Primary Interest:
Other
Never happened with mine, sorry!

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had one customer that had that happen. It turned out to be a wrong battery holder. The At Pro uses a similar battery holder to other Garrett's, but it is a little longer and thicker. If the wrong one was installed at the factory, an aggressive swing could cycle it on and off. Call Garrett and ask Sue to send you a new AT Pro battery holder, you might not have to send it in.

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

OP
OP
echodog

echodog

Oct 29, 2012
Thankyou Wayne if that's it I will be very relieved!

markincypress

Apr 6, 2012
cypress texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab CTX3030, Tesoro Tejon and Sand Shark, Fisher F75-ltd, Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am "the customer" mentioned by Wayne @ Metal Detecting Stuff. My AT Pro began shutting off while hunting and it would do this sometimes several times or just once or sometimes not at all. I called Garrett and spoke with the service department. The problem was determined to be: a) wrong battery holder installed during manufacturing (they have two that appear identical but one is just a bit shorter; you need the taller one) or b) the end cap on the machine that locks the battery holder has worn down to the point where it is not pushing the battery holder with enough pressure. Garrett mailed me both pieces and instructed me to replace both pieces. I have not had any issue since replacing both pieces.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread