one last try for the 5x8 DD on the atp.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How did you do today with the 5x8? Try to ignore the armchair experts, just fyi they are frequent posters in a thread called at haters. Im sure you are intelligent enough to see these simpletons for what they are, contact a moderator and ask about closing or locking the thread. If you would like any insight from me on your at pro you could give me a call anytime, id be glad to help you anyway I can. If so let me know ill pm you my cell. I went out for an hour with my dad and 9 year old son today and managed a 42 merc dime, and a wheatie. So 2 silvers in 2 days was very nice, not near as much clad as yesterday($4.03) vs $.82 today, this in a very trashy older park with the at/5x8DD
Got any pictures, sounds like banner post. I could use some help also, pm please.

Fabbr

Jan 28, 2013
South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro 5x8DD coil, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett pro pointer, Lesche, Grey Ghost Headphones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Fabbr

Jan 28, 2013
South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro 5x8DD coil, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett pro pointer, Lesche, Grey Ghost Headphones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I really wish my dad or son would have found this.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130421_140628.png
    ForumRunner_20130421_140628.png
    148.6 KB · Views: 107

Fabbr

Jan 28, 2013
South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Clad, 1908 IH and 57 rosie from yesterday..me and my boy

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130421_140928.png
    ForumRunner_20130421_140928.png
    102.3 KB · Views: 115

Fabbr

Jan 28, 2013
South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My son and his new cibola

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130421_143237.png
    ForumRunner_20130421_143237.png
    179.6 KB · Views: 102
OP
OP
A

Adamsr0522

Dec 30, 2012
Cohoes NY
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 and 350,BH Tracker IV and now the Garrett AT Pro and White's VX3.
An hour out today with the 5x8. Learning the sounds and to not pay complete attention to the numbers. 1 hour, 4 quarters two dimes and 10 pennies. Not bad if I do say so lol

Thanks for the advice everyone!

Sent from my Galaxy note 2 using TreasureNet

badpenny

Mar 28, 2013
NE PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, some of you guys can be outright brutal.. Holy Crap. I own an AT PRO and I like it, and I don't profess it to be the best machine out there. So far it works for me, and it has already paid for itself with what I found with it, which even surprised me. And I just purchased the 5 x 8 coil because I want to put it down in a water filled hole and the larger coil won't work. I do like it better than the stock coil; it is lighter and not as noisy as the stock coil and yes I ground balance, and adjust the sensitivity to quiet it down. And yes I can tell the sound of a bottle cap using the mentioned audio feature which it has. But if there are two strong signals I do dig regardless. And yes, I dug some caps but that's part of the fun too. For the price I paid for it, I think it was a good bang for my buck so I won't complain. Anyone want to donate anything better to me, hey I'll take it and give it a try.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2013
Chillicothe ohio
Detector(s) used
Garret At Pro, minelab etrac, fisher, teknetics,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use the 5x8 coil myself and it is the best for me so far but i first purchased my 5x8 it was falsing alot on me and not doing the job i thought it was suppose to do. Anyways long story short i called garret customer service and spoke to a guy named rusty on there and he found my problem out just by doing some test on the phone. He told me my 5x8 was junk basicly and told me to trash it and he sent me a brand new one without any cost to me what so ever. Now my 5x8 is a beast and has found me some really good stuff. You may want to call garrets customer service and ask to speak to rusty there. He is Fantastic!

badpenny

Mar 28, 2013
NE PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would like to know what test he had you do to determine the coil was junk. Just curious; I don't have any problems with either the stock or 5 x 8 if either one tells me there is something there and I dig it is.

The few times I had to call Garrett I have to tell you I was very impressed with how I was treated, Excellent CS.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread