Was about to give up on the 250

DangerDude

Apr 6, 2013
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 250, BH IV, Fisher F2 and Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So I had bought a Ace 250 a couple months ago and haven't had any great outings. Today I took it over to a area I've been researching and have a great day, some clad, a Mexican silver ring and a 1840 large cent that is pretty corroded and is holed. That large cent is the oldest thing I've ever found and the 250 now holds a special place in my heart. The area I hunted was pretty well trash free and the 250 performed well. The only problem that bugs me more than anything is the recovery speed when I'm in a trashy area, it drives me nuts.

oakhunter27

Mar 25, 2010
ohio
The 250 is a great little detector I found a lot of good stuff with one

Sent from my SCH-S720C using TreasureNet

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector_searching.gif
Nice finds DangerDude!

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Dude
Great find...a large cent is some thing a lot of hunters never even find ....learn that machine and it will pay for itself in no time,and research is the key.
Gary

OP
OP
DangerDude

DangerDude

Apr 6, 2013
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 250, BH IV, Fisher F2 and Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went out this weekend and found a Boy Scout neckerchief slide, $2-$3 in clad, a gold earring, 1935 & 37 buffalo nickel, 41 merc, 48 rosie and a 1941 quarter. The 250 has won me over as well as Garrett. I'm looking at a AT gold in the future but 250 is working just fine for now. Also picked up a Garrett pro pointer couple weeks ago and don't know how I detected without it. Since I've started researching before I hit a area my success is defiantly up. Historicmapworks.com is a awesome site to due map research. Thanks for all the tips and compliments, treasurenet rocks!!

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've found over $4 in clad in my front yard and all kinds of metal slaw out in the woods.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread