5x8 or sniper.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
An inline Sunray probe. It is as small as you can go and reaches about 7 inches down. The sniper coils are not bad and you don't feel like you are waving a cane at the grass. You still should over lap.

markincypress

Apr 6, 2012
cypress texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab CTX3030, Tesoro Tejon and Sand Shark, Fisher F75-ltd, Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the 5x8 but not the sniper coil. The 5x8 is a DD coil (imagine a line drawn down the middle of the coil running up the shaft) while the sniper coil is a concentric coil (imagine an upside down cone going from the bottom of the coil). I get good depth and trash separation on the 5x8 and have no plans or thoughts about adding the sniper coil. When you get a new coil get a new lower rod for it as this makes swapping coils a breeze.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coin Gopher - Whatever you decide - please consider buying one from one of
tn_02.gif
's Supporting Vendors.

badpenny

Mar 28, 2013
NE PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just ordered a 5x8 from Wayne @ Metal Detecting Stuff, ordered it yesterday and it was shipped yesterday. I know he has a few in stock and he was good to deal with. Give him a call.

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are both great coils. The advantage of the sniper is that it can get very close to metal fences and playground poles. The 5X8 is fantastic at target separation in the trashy areas. Most of our customers that have the 5X8 hardly ever take it off.

Wayne

(832) 928-9135

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread