Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for everyone's input! Didn't mean to start an argument between members. I'm sure every brand has its horror stories with customer service or reliability/performance issues. I own 2 Garrett's, 1 Tesoro, and a Whites Classic ll. I think Garrett is a good machine, but I like Tesoro's audio/threshold sounds better. I hunt by sound more than looking at VDI screen and like Tesoro audio better. Just my 2 cents.

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field Pi/Whites Dfx/ Garrett At Pro/Garrett Ace 250/ Whites M6/ Detector Pro Pirate /Tesoro Sand Shark/
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV/ Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been using the Sand Shark lately and it's been pretty good. No leaks and good battery life. It's very stable on the beach. I will say I grease the seal with divers silicone every time I go out and clean the seal as well.
Now for the money it's not a bad Pi. So far I've found a few junk rings a large hoop earring and even a small metal chain which was impressive because it was pretty small. I even bought mine used. Now I have heard even whites Pi's leaking at times. I suppose it can happen to almost any pi regardless of brand. Depth wise it's decent I have the 10.5 inch coil and like it quite a bit. I just wish I lived in Florida lol and not Cali for beach hunting. HH to all and best of luck what ever ya swing.

OP
OP
Fletch88

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been using the Sand Shark lately and it's been pretty good. No leaks and good battery life. It's very stable on the beach. I will say I grease the seal with divers silicone every time I go out and clean the seal as well.
Now for the money it's not a bad Pi. So far I've found a few junk rings a large hoop earring and even a small metal chain which was impressive because it was pretty small. I even bought mine used. Now I have heard even whites Pi's leaking at times. I suppose it can happen to almost any pi regardless of brand. Depth wise it's decent I have the 10.5 inch coil and like it quite a bit. I just wish I lived in Florida lol and not Cali for beach hunting. HH to all and best of luck what ever ya swing.

Yes trackerman I too will have the 10.5 coil today on big brown truck. Can't wait to hit the beach. I'm 2 hours from either side of Florida beaches. Thanks for your input! Dig em deep!

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field Pi/Whites Dfx/ Garrett At Pro/Garrett Ace 250/ Whites M6/ Detector Pro Pirate /Tesoro Sand Shark/
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV/ Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats Fletch88 and happy hunting!

Treasure finder

Apr 4, 2006
Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium, Compass Gold Scanner, Maxi Pulse, Gardner with a 3 foot loop, PDF1000, & Dowsing rods,
Fletch,
The Garrett Infinium was also designed to find gold nuggets in tough mineralized ground in Australia and elsewhere.
A real deal maker in my opinion, other underwater detectors can't compare on nuggets.
Rich

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread