Garrett Ace 250 settings help

charlesenealjr

Apr 29, 2013
Reno nv
Detector(s) used
ace 250 for now
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the pamphlet that came with the md was not clear on how to use the settings. i am a urban park hunter and i use the coin setting. i find a lot of current coins along with rings and other jewelry. i was wondering if i changed my setting to jewelry will i miss the coins.
i also plan on some wilderness hunting looking for any old coins hopefully my first gold coin and any other metal that i can find. so what setting should i use. anyone who know about the Ace 250 please let me know what you think

Ace350

Apr 12, 2012
The Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Ace350/ATpro/2Excalibur1000's
Eldorado/Bandito II µMax/Conquistador µMax/
Silver Sabre µMax/ Compadre/ Whites TRX & Garrett Pro-Pointer/ Lesche digger model 75 Stealth 720i & S3i Scoops
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm pretty sure the jewelry mode will also pick up coins. You should do a test run with it in your backyard. Use all different denominations of coin and some old jewelry you have. You don't need to bury it. Just set it down on the ground in an area you have swung the coil over and made sure there is no metal in the ground. Or you can simply do an air test with it. YouTube has plenty of examples in how to do it if you are not sure.

Click on the link below.

It will bring you to the Garrett site with video tutorials for the Ace250 series.
Happy hunting

http://www.garrett.com/hobbysite/hbby_ace_250_video.aspx

Last edited:

creattionz

Aug 15, 2011
Syracuse, NY
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Ive found with my 250 with my 9x12 coil on if I scan over a coin thats more then 4 inches in it will ding as iron then pull tab then coin
so anything over 4 inches I cut a plug and check it makes for more work but ive found my oldest pennies that way so far.

as for settings i always leave mine on all metals i just rather scan a bottle cap again to be sure its a bottle cap then have it not tell me anything is there

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The coins mode eliminates two target segments that encompass small gold and pull tabs as well as small iron. The jewelry mode eliminates small iron, but accepts everything from foil to big silver. If you want to find gold, I'd recommend the Jewelry mode - it will still pick up clad and silver coins as well as gold, silver, and titanium jewelry.

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

Ace350

Apr 12, 2012
The Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Ace350/ATpro/2Excalibur1000's
Eldorado/Bandito II µMax/Conquistador µMax/
Silver Sabre µMax/ Compadre/ Whites TRX & Garrett Pro-Pointer/ Lesche digger model 75 Stealth 720i & S3i Scoops
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're welcome.
Glad I could help.
Happy hunting
Ace

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread