AT pro for nugget hunting

DangerDude

Apr 6, 2013
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 250, BH IV, Fisher F2 and Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Has anyone used a AT Pro for gold nugget hunting? I will be taking a trip to Arizona this winter to do some nugget hunting. I'm probably going to get a pro this summer, using a 250 now. I do more coin shooting at home in WI and really like all the features of the pro but I don't want to waste my time if it won't find gold. I've been debating if I should also get a goldbug 2 or something similar for my trip. Any tips would be great.

BadM0nkey

Apr 28, 2013
Andover, NJ
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE Limited Edition
Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have not used the AT Pro but there are quite a few videos and such on YouTube of people using it.

If you did not buy a unit yet consider the AT Gold which will work fine for everything but the beach on wet sand. If you already have the AT Pro I'd say go for it. I doubt you would be able to pay back the cost of a GoldBug 2 with the difference in finds between the AT Pro and GoldBug 2.

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Garrett At Gold will find sub gram gold, the Pro will still find larger pickers. If you aren't going to use it in saltwater, the gold is a better choice for your gold prospecting trips.

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

OP
OP
DangerDude

DangerDude

Apr 6, 2013
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 250, BH IV, Fisher F2 and Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was originally looking at the gold and was debating between it and the pro. What are the differences between gold and pro, more kHz ? Does the gold give the same numerical IDs as the pro ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions