Dug my old homestead again, yesterday, where I grew up

badpenny

Mar 28, 2013
NE PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
and I conclude if mom dropped anything she dug the entire yard up to find it. No seriously... as I swung the yard I kept telling my pop to show me some Mercury dimes, like my grand pop would give me 55 years ago. But NOooooo Pop was up there laughing at me. Every time I asked him for silver the AT Pro would sound off like a silver hit, and me like an idiot would dig. No dimes... LOL! And then I would laugh and tell my pop to stop screwing with me. Yes he and my brother are looking down and laughing at the old man digging pennies. LOL! But I did dig a WWII button, which I assume was one of Pops or my uncle John's. And a company store token, the family home was in what is called a patch town, a coal town which at one time was owned by the coal companies, so you worked in the mines and spent you money in the over priced company stores. And now I have one of their tokens. Cool. But NO dimes... onto the next dig. I enjoyed myself yesterday, I enjoyed talking to Pop and my brother, even though it was snowing here in the NE, and that sucked.

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And that's what it is all about - digging history. In this case you are digging personal family history, it doesn't get much better than that!

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is the fun we have hunting as we don't do it for profit. :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
badpenny

badpenny

Mar 28, 2013
NE PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I enjoy the hunt tremendously, and I never sold a thing I dug either.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions