Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well,when I first got my Ace 250,back in March of this year(2013),I had a cheap Harbor Freight pin pointer,that worked find for the first couple of days & then it would only work when it wanted to.:BangHead: So I turned in all my aluminum cans and some scrap copper and bought the Garrett pin-pointer,what a difference it has made,:icon_thumright: .I now have gone back over the holes I had previous dug and have found more coins and junk then ever before.One of my friends whose not yet into metal detecting didn't think spending over a $100 on a pin pointer would make a difference,untill we went to his yard and started redigging his holes:laughing7:. After 1 hour we/me found 25 pennies,4 quarters & 5 nickles & 2 dimes,all dates over 1970.
I think it's the best $100+ investment I've ever made,Thanks to the great Garrett company:hello2::hello2::hello2:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
outstanding.gif
I agree completely Produce Guy!

bush13st_beav3r

Apr 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep....u think u can do without it before you have it....then u get it and u see how stupid that initial thought was lol... I had to waterproof mine tho....its my atp's best friend and they can't leave each others side....even for a second

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yup! It's different as night,and day! 003 (3).JPG 005.JPG

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree with everyone that replied to this thread. It's the best $100 or so you will ever invest metal detecting

EVB

Feb 6, 2013
Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree, it cost more than my detector but why be cheap out on the pin pointer. :) Saves a lot of time. Wish I had one when I was detecting 20 years ago.

OP
OP
Produce Guy

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At work today a women asked me if my detector could find something as small as a pin,I said sure,so after work I went over to her house with the Ace & my pin pointer and she showed me where she thinks she had dropped her sewing pins/neddles.I pulled out the pro pointer and scanned it across the ground and"bingo" they were not even burried under ground,they were just sitting in the grass.She offered to pay,but I said no & would rather do a little coil swinging over her yard. I'm waiting to see what her husband will say?

OP
OP
Produce Guy

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went back over to her house & in 1 hour I found 2 dimes,2 nickles & 8 penny's =38 cents.

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went back over to her house & in 1 hour I found 2 dimes,2 nickles & 8 penny's =38 cents.

It takes a special kind of guy to think that 38 cents is worth it.

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Exactly the kind of thing I like to do rather then get paid mayb there's a chance to barter for some time at a new site to hunt if I can help out someone in return for me to hunt there property I'm all for it just for the hunt of s new spot & if u know ur the first one to do it lots of excitement

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions