Water Hunted With The AT Pro, Then Re-Hunted The Same Area With The Infinium LS

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
infinatpro_zpsca2a4d79.jpg

Spent most of the afternoon into the evening water hunting a fresh water swimming area at a lake. This place was pretty well hunted out last summer and fall. A great day....lots of sun, a little breeze and all the ice has pretty well melted. However, the water was "COLD" so I wore my chest waders and brought along my long up to the elbow neoprene hunting gloves. Interesting results......the pic speaks for itself. The AT pro got the easier stuff in the top 5-6 inches. The Infinium got the stuff at depths up to about 15 inches. I often use the Infinium in hunted out places because it puts signals back in the lower strata. And it goes "DEEP"....

Below is a pic of the neoprene gloves, which I purchased a Cabela's.

neoprene glove.jpg

BadM0nkey

Apr 28, 2013
Andover, NJ
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE Limited Edition
Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL The Infinium items are exactly what I find every single time with mine. I think it has a built-in setting for Bobby Pins. I ordered an ACE 350 to hopefully complement my Infinium by providing some iron descrimination for the especially trashy areas that are full of pallet nails.

ivanll

Jul 5, 2008
TNQ
The AT in Pro mode is capable of far better depth than 6" both on land and especially in fresh water.

P4196821_800.jpg
P4236833_800.jpg

ivanll

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector_vpnavy.gif
I get a chuckle when we compare MD's. A "comparison" is ONLY accomplished when planting the same stuff (at the same depth, etc.) and then using two different MD's. But heck - what do I know!
killingme.gif

yelnif

Mar 2, 2013
ne okla
Detector(s) used
Tesoro vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get a chuckle when we compare MD's. A "comparison" is ONLY accomplished when planting the same stuff (at the same depth, etc.) and then using two different MD's. But heck - what do I know!
killingme.gif

Maybe a good test would be to grid off an area, go over the grid with the ATpro and mark the targets. Don't dig yet- now go over the grid and mark the infinium targets. This way the same ground (undisturbed), same potential target selection, and depth are all the same. Now you can dig and take note of each find, Ya I know you think you will remember- but you won't over time- so take notes. Which machine, depth found at, what the find was- fair and equal test. HH

yelnif

Scrammer

Apr 5, 2013
Between Buffalo and Rochester, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro;
AT Pro Pointer;
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Even then it would have to be almost computer controlled swing speed, angle, and all the other planet aligning factors that bring the good sounds, etc.

The Rainbow vacuum cleaner salespeople used this "comparison" by using white filters on the machines. They would use your old junky vacuum cleaner, then put a filter in theirs and vacuum the opposite direction showing you everything you "missed". But you could again put a filter in yours and make a third pass and find even more dirt.

I wonder what would have happened if you went back in the the same machine twice just in opposite directions, or a slower swing speed, or went back in for a third time with the first machine. I am amazed at what I find in my "easy go-to" hunting spots that I have missed before.

Either way, looks like you had a blast and I would love a second machine such as yours!

HH

OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
killingme.gif

It really wasn't a serious comparison. The results were predictable. Every body of water I have hunted that was basically dead from being cleaned out, came back to life using the Garrett Infinium LS (PI).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread