The "One Way" signal?

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

kray

Mar 21, 2010
SW Ct. Formerly N Va.
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
E Trac
AT Pro
Nautilus 11Ba
MXT
M6
6000 DiPro
Omega
Bounty hunter TR550
Heathkit homemade
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You'll never know until you try. In the time it took you to make this post, you could have investigated several holes. Many people, depending on the machine they're using, will not check one way hits. I usually don't, but I did find my oldest coin last November, a 1784 real, digging a one-way. I check more of them now!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
could be iron next to a good target, and your Disc is a bit too high.
or your swing too fast.

or could be large iron trash & your catching the edge of it, although
when this is the case for me, the good sounding target usually sounds like a deep silver.
not loud and clear.

Only real suggestion I have is dig. & after you
See what you have,
turn your disc down or off & see if there is iron or second target next to it.

Last edited:

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It may also be a coin lying on it's side. Like kray said I often times don't dig one way hits but like him I have found clad on it's side on a one way hit

bush13st_beav3r

Apr 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have this problem too sometimes...I finally dug one yesterday...12-14 inches down was two wheat pennies....too me forever to find them....but when I did...I was stoked

Digger2

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2013
Vacherie Louisiana
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS,Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500 ,
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Detectorpro Uniprobe

Vibra-tector 730
Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I like that Jeff, I sure wish I would have thought of that. If I had, I would have done that today, cause I got several good bell tones, no numbers, but the bell was there. I'll see if I can re-locate them tomorrow.

Roy

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A one-way signal will usually be either a good target snuggled up to a trash one that is being disc'ed out.........OR, a coin laying at an angle in the ground, so that the "face" is seen broadside-on from one direction and the edge from the opposite one.
Also, the recovery time for your detector running in disc might be s-l-o-w. Reduce your discrimination AND the sensitivity. A bad habit some folks get into is to crank up the sensitivity, then, over discriminate. Those two controls are too often abused because the owner doesn't really understand their uses and how their machine reacts when they're in use. If you tell them to turn DOWN the sensitivity for better depth, they don't understand the reasoning.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I like that Jeff, I sure wish I would have thought of that. If I had, I would have done that today, cause I got several good bell tones, no numbers, but the bell was there. I'll see if I can re-locate them tomorrow.

Roy

:thumbsup: I always felt, when in doubt, Dig :thumbsup:
Sometimes it actually pays 8-)

Birky

Apr 19, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I take it you typically don't run in Pro Mode?

I am a beginner too and after the first 30min with the AT Pro I decided I would learn it in pro mode. As far as I'm concerned the amount of target info the audio gives you is outstanding and after 20hrs or so in Pro/Zero mode, I'm extremely confident in what I'm digging. I often dig targets I'm certain are pulltabs, bottle caps etc.. just to prove myself right and lately I have been, 90% or better.

Listen to what it's telling you and dig alot! Seems to me this is the only way to learn:thumbsup:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am new, too. What is a one-way signal? Thanks!

When you move your detectors coil to the right & left you should get a signal both ways.

a one-way signal would mean you only hear the target on the swing to the right,
or left. but not both directions

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions