Did a little digging with the AT Pro at an old picnic grove

badpenny

Mar 28, 2013
NE PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
as a kid I enjoyed many family outings at this spot. However, I can't remember the layout of the place so I was hunting willy-nilly but that was OK. And talk about junk... collapsed buildings, cans, bottle tops, pull tabs you name it, it was there. I did manage to dig a few coins, all pennies. And I know this site was gone over by two guys with detectors in the spring. No idea who they were but I could see all their holes they dug and didn't fill in, I filled them. I could spend a month there trying to get through all the junk but I won't... I am happy with my few pennies for now. Just remembering the times there eating bean soup and sucking down birch beer were good enough for me. Onto the next!

Potts

Oct 13, 2010
U.P. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hunted a site this Spring....one that was heavily scanned years ago yet I was able to get this....You just never know what may have been missed..
100_0511.JPG

OP
OP
badpenny

badpenny

Mar 28, 2013
NE PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like pop always said "You never know when a blind squirrel will find an acorn?". Nice find!

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find Potts like was said u never know what's there untill u drop ur coil

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread