Just ordered my new AT Pro.

krazyace

Jan 9, 2009
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had an Ace 250 awhile ago and it was great, found coins left and right especially nickles. Anyway had to sell due to some hard times. Finally getting back into the game, can't wait to hit the water with it.

Thanks to Ed at Treasure Mountain Detectors for a great deal and fantastic service. I highly recommend him if anyone is in the market for a new detector.

BadM0nkey

Apr 28, 2013
Andover, NJ
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE Limited Edition
Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Upgrade over the 250

marh415

Apr 30, 2013
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ACE 350, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome, best of luck with it!! Unfortunately, the ATP haters will be here soon with their bottle cap comments!! :laughing9:

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great detector ur gonna find a lot more coins relics a whole lot with it I find it a great all around detector & do recommend the 5x8 coil takes quite a bit of weight of the machine & u can cherry pick all day u won't be disappointed HH

bush13st_beav3r

Apr 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love mine, still have my 250...my niece has started going hunting with me (git to get her better at pinpointing and digging so I can still hunt j dig MY OWN targets, lol)....the haters that will drop q line bout bottlecaps are idiots....you can distinguish them easily in pro mode.... Learn the machine in prozero, ...may take a bit longer, but you will be a f*cling CHAMP before you know it....watch EVERY VIDEO POSSIBLE...read EVERY THREAD till ur eyes BLEED then read em again...setup a test garden with varying depths, as well as putting multiple targets n a hole...a good target and trash in the same hole.... Try to make a controlled hole for everything u may encounter in the field, if you do, it'll cut the learning curve SIGNIFICANTLY... U will be posting all your great finds on here to make the haters hate more... Best of luck on your great machine, treat it well and it will do the same to you ten-fold over
Gl n HH
Beav

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The bottle cap syndrome is for people that don't know how to use "Pro Mode"! I can tell you when it's a bottle cap,by the sound,and VDI numbers. Any machine will show "bottle caps",it's up to the operator,to know the difference. Also everyone digs trash! Some just like to pretend they don't, and never show it.When you watch video's on You Tube,do you ever notice that the video goes from one hole to the next? There is two reasons for that! One no one want's to see trash being dug up,and two,it saves video "time" by not showing unproductive,locating/digging. Have you ever seen ANY Company's Video's showing trash being detected,and dug up?

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats you will not be disappointed. Go onto the Garrett site and watch all the ATP videos, it will really shorten the learning curve.
Happy Hunting
ZDD

badpenny

Mar 28, 2013
NE PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats, get some hours on it and you'll be pulling targets out of the ground left and right. When the boss heads out with me she just shakes her head as I can call the target before I flip the plug. I can't wait to the next hunt.

knightsquad

Apr 5, 2013
East Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Soverign
Tesoro, Vaquero
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Exactly!

Pete

The bottle cap syndrome is for people that don't know how to use "Pro Mode"! I can tell you when it's a bottle cap,by the sound,and VDI numbers. Any machine will show "bottle caps",it's up to the operator,to know the difference. Also everyone digs trash! Some just like to pretend they don't, and never show it.When you watch video's on You Tube,do you ever notice that the video goes from one hole to the next? There is two reasons for that! One no one want's to see trash being dug up,and two,it saves video "time" by not showing unproductive,locating/digging. Have you ever seen ANY Company's Video's showing trash being detected,and dug up?

OP
OP
krazyace

krazyace

Jan 9, 2009
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Received my AT Pro yesterday but we had some rough storms. Got out this morning for about 40 minutes to check it out at a local tot lot.
My finds were 7 pennies, one nickel, and one presidential dollar, which came up in the quarter range. Also found a metal barrette. One strange thing was a 3 volt watch battery that was pretty much on top of the mulch, it rang up very solid up in the dollar range. I used the standard coin mode.

Last edited:

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Received my AT Pro yesterday but we had some rough storms. Got out this morning for about 40 minutes to check it out at a local tot lot.
My finds were 7 pennies, one nickel, and one presidential dollar, which came up in the quarter range. Also found a metal barrette. One strange thing was a 3 volt watch battery that was pretty much on top of the mulch, it rang up very solid up in the dollar range. I used the standard coin mode.
After you get a little more time on the machine,try hunting in Pro Zero mode! A lot of different tones,plus once you are used to it,you can tell the depth of the target by how loud the signal is! HH!

OP
OP
krazyace

krazyace

Jan 9, 2009
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was in a hurry to get my detector together before the rain, used for 3-4 short hunts then on my last hunt I noticed I had my coil on backwards!

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Was in a hurry to get my detector together before the rain, used for 3-4 short hunts then on my last hunt I noticed I had my coil on backwards!
LOL! Did it pinpoint right with it on backwards?

OP
OP
krazyace

krazyace

Jan 9, 2009
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, I use the method where you center it up and pull the coil back until the sound goes away and then the object is supposed to be right in front of the coil. It worked fine.

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In a couple of years I'd like to get one,for the fact you go swimming with it,sort of.Since it's water proof to 10 feet,I know of several swimming holes I could go to.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread