A Hunt In The Woods Got Not One, But two Rings Today With The AT Gold

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
woodsa_zps3334ed6e.jpg

What a super day in the woods, not to mention very successful too. Lots of loot, rings and other finds. I polished up all the older finds.

woodsc_zps7166b524.jpg

What a surprise this beautiful snake ring turned out to be. I got a good signal, about 4-5 inches deep, but under a large root. It took about 15 minutes to tunnel under it and get it out of the ground. After cleaning and polishing it, it turned out to be a very interesting ring. Looks like it was gold plated at one time.

woodsd_zps4e81bc84.jpg

And go figure.....not more then 20 feet from the first ring, out pops this ugly punk or goth ring. I would normally expect that point to be tucked under the ring, but in this case, it was above, and came to a sharp tip. I would not like to be the one who gets punched in the face from someone wearing that ring.

woodsb_zps24ed9c1b.jpg

Buried near a tree, out pops this mouth piece to a trumpet or other musical instrument. I was hoping to find a make, patent or numbers on it to try and date it, but there weren't any.

woodse_zps59758ad9.jpg

Nice round brass ball, probably from a bed post, as it is too small to be a door knob, and it had a nail sticking out on the opposite end.

woodsf_zpsb4c44d5e.jpg

Too funny......finding a MacDonald's ashtray in the woods. But there it was, a couple of inches from the surface. Smoking has been banned from McDonald's for many years. This sure is a good conversation piece.

Gotta love those wood hunts. Those who regularly hunt the woods know what I am talking about. :)

woods g.jpg

badpenny

Mar 28, 2013
NE PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds John; it's all about the hunt. You never know when the blind squirrel will find that acorn. When I am out I always say I'm done, then it is ah, just one more hole. And I gather you are the same way too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread