Garrett AT PRO (Current)
Minelab Etrac (Current)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Sampson 31" Digger

Fisher F2 (RIP)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello everyone,
I am new to the forum, and still pretty new to metal detecting. I have had a Fisher F2 with an 8 and 4 inch coil for about a month and fell in love with it. Then it quit working. Luckily Amazon gave me a full refund, and now that I know I love metal detecting and coin shooting, I upgraded and ordered my AT Pro this morning from Bart at Big Boys Toys. He got me an awesome deal that the local dealer couldn't come close to, and was very helpful.
My question is, how much of a learning difference will this AT Pro be from my F2? The F2 was very simple, and I was just getting to know the signals pretty well before it went kaput on me. I know the Garrett has more features, and it will take time to master. I just hope its a smooth transition. I love the fact that I won't have to run for cover if it starts sprinkling outside.
I'm open to any tips you all might have, or any good advice anyone might have for a newer member and detector. Thank you all for your time, and Happy Hunting!

badpenny

Mar 28, 2013
NE PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The standard headphones are not waterproof remember that. LOL!

Watch the videos on Garrett.com to understand the basics; it isn't a hard machine to understand. I am not familiar with the F2 so I can't give you any comparison there sorry.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's not a hard detector to use at all I tought my wife to use it it was my main till she wantd to start detecting aswell me I like tweeking everything so the v3i was best for me but she loves the Atpro hopefully ill get to use it again

OP
OP
Sapper724

Sapper724

May 28, 2013
Northwestern WI
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO (Current)
Minelab Etrac (Current)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Sampson 31" Digger

Fisher F2 (RIP)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the info. I think mine will be here today, I'm pumped to get it. I just wish the UPS guy would hurry up!

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The wait when u know its coming is hard when I waited for my detectors each time felt like,the longest day ever till it came

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I started out with a F2 also. I'm new to the hobby too,but if you run the ATP in standard Coin mode it is a piece of cake to use (almost like auto pilot). Once you get used to it,go to the Zero Pro mode,and never look back. It takes a little practice,but is a easy machine to learn!:thumbsup: HH

OP
OP
Sapper724

Sapper724

May 28, 2013
Northwestern WI
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO (Current)
Minelab Etrac (Current)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Sampson 31" Digger

Fisher F2 (RIP)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome advice! Just got it today from UPS. Already found 2 pennies in my yard that my f2 missed. It started raining, and I didn't have to run for cover. I'm already loving it.

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome advice! Just got it today from UPS. Already found 2 pennies in my yard that my f2 missed. It started raining, and I didn't have to run for cover. I'm already loving it.
Just wait until you have used it a while! Your gonna really like it!:thumbsup:

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Your Fisher F2 had a concentric coil on it Concentric Coils.jpg your new AT-pro has a Double D coil on it Double-D.jpg the DD coil hunts a little different than the Con. coil.
Almost all DD coils love bottle caps.( not just the Garrett`s)..but with Iron audio on you can tell most caps by slowly pulling the coil to you as you sweep and as you come off the cap you will here the low iron grunt..and the VID numbers will jump to lower readings ...and coins/non Ferris...will NOT give that low grunt as you come off the coin, and the numbers will stay close to the same #...this does not work all the time but will help on most..pry off caps.
Gary

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sapper724

Sapper724

May 28, 2013
Northwestern WI
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO (Current)
Minelab Etrac (Current)
Garrett Pro Pointer