Metal Detecting

pkb

Feb 10, 2013
Dallas
Detector(s) used
Two Garrett AT PRO's, two Garrett pro pointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
damn AT pro. This is just the good stuff from the 000_0001.JPG past year, Plus enough clad to buy a second AT Pro. So just maybe its not the machine with the problem, its the user ?

OP
OP
fella

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
damn AT pro. This is just the good stuff from the past year, Plus enough clad to buy a second AT Pro. So just maybe its not the machine with the problem, its the user ?

Forgot, scored this puppy yesterday with my so called POS at pro. 2.6 Gr mans gold ring, and a tiny religious charm .

so while you busy bashing, I'm busy scoring .

Who you talking to? More importantly why?

If you took the time to actually read the thread, it's pretty much been established that the ATP is a fine machine. If you just posted to stir up the pot again or to be a braggart...go away!
Nice finds regardless.

Nirros

Jan 8, 2012
Dexter, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
8.5x11
5x8
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So Fella.......any new revelations about the ATP?

OP
OP
fella

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So Fella.......any new revelations about the ATP?
No not really new. Just the more I use it the more I like it!

It did show me some really depth yesterday though. I was digging several coins in the 8" range. However, the soils were pretty loamy and moist. Haven't seen those depths on tighter, drier dirt on coin size targets yet!

Nirros

Jan 8, 2012
Dexter, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
8.5x11
5x8
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah.....I'm diggin wet soil here with 8" signals most the time. I actually picked up a couple tiny staples at that depth too. I only dug them out of curiosity as they rang in at 38-40. I'm gonna take mine underwater next week for the first time.....we'll see how that goes. I'm wondering how the atp compares to the ctx3030.....

badpenny

Mar 28, 2013
NE PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dug a Wheat Penny tonight at 8 inches, it didn't show any number on the screen but the beep was there and since I received a New T Handle Sampson I thought lets see how this bad boy works. I dug the plug, placed the Pro Pointer in the hole and I dug about four inches of soil out. I didn't see the penny in the pile of dirt, but my hole went quite when scanned with the pro pointer, so I scanned the pile, and there was the Wheatie. Soil is clay and it was slightly damp, I dug a dime, nickel and two pennies one of which was that wheatie.

Love that Sampson; it makes life so much easier for me. But I need to make a sling for it because I walk with a cane or I need to grow another arm. Hmmm, now there's a thought.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dug a Wheat Penny tonight at 8 inches, it didn't show any number on the screen but the beep was there and since I received a New T Handle Sampson I thought lets see how this bad boy works. I dug the plug, placed the Pro Pointer in the hole and I dug about four inches of soil out. I didn't see the penny in the pile of dirt, but my hole went quite when scanned with the pro pointer, so I scanned the pile, and there was the Wheatie. Soil is clay and it was slightly damp, I dug a dime, nickel and two pennies one of which was that wheatie.

Love that Sampson; it makes life so much easier for me. But I need to make a sling for it because I walk with a cane or I need to grow another arm. Hmmm, now there's a thought.

Heck with the sling been there talk to buzz Wilson he makes a really nice sheath goes right on ur belt or hook.it where ever u want I had the one that lets it hang just wasnt workin out his makes the 18" samson look smaller elegant & easier to carry im wicked happy I got both check this out

ForumRunner_20130619_211344.png

MongoLloyd

Mar 20, 2012
Mendocino County, CA
Detector(s) used
NEW DETECTOR: Minelab CTX-3030
Garrett AT Pro w/ Black Widow headphones; Garrett Pro-point; Lesche digger; "The Bomb #2" Sheath
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I havent said anything about garretts that isnt true i use a garrett i have more hours on it then i would care to admit...if you dont want me posting my opinions on the garrett line a detector that i use daily then go ahead and ban me i can find another site where freedom of speech still applies

The mark of a troll... farting out inflammatory tripe, and then placing the burden on the rest of the world to place you on ignore. Son.... if Garrett doesn't float your boat, do the world a favor and splurge. Buy something that DOES manage to equal your unparalleled expertise (/end sarcasm) in the hobby. Yes, you have posted things which are not accurate or true. The AT Pro is not a "dig everything" machine. I have used it for over a year, and I rarely ever dig up trash of any kind. The discrimination is both of the traditional type which blocks signals, and also via the tone roll audio feature which allows the user to hear the characteristics of the target. Both together can tell the user that they are looking at can slaw versus a quarter, or bottlecaps versus a dime, etcetera.

I have now used the CTX-3030 for a month. I keep detailed records of my finds, and my finds with the CTX are consistent with the last year I have spent with the AT Pro. I find dimes in both hard pack crusty soil and on salt water beaches at 12". I have found a small gold earring back at 10" in a park with the AT Pro. There isn't anything wrong with the AT Pro that would prevent a competent user from finding metal beneath the coil. People find decent finds with the cheapest Bounty Hunter detectors. The user bears far more responsibility for failing than the equipment might bear.

Instead of getting angry that you "wasted" your money, or claiming superhero status in that you are trying to help poor starving African children not make the same mistakes that you made (/roll eyes here), perhaps you should just do the responsible thing and place your detector up for sale. Find one with fewer moving parts, or take up bowling. You could save your breath, both in your inane posts and in your subsequent defense of your posts. Bonus!

MongoLloyd

Mar 20, 2012
Mendocino County, CA
Detector(s) used
NEW DETECTOR: Minelab CTX-3030
Garrett AT Pro w/ Black Widow headphones; Garrett Pro-point; Lesche digger; "The Bomb #2" Sheath
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No not really new. Just the more I use it the more I like it!

It did show me some really depth yesterday though. I was digging several coins in the 8" range. However, the soils were pretty loamy and moist. Haven't seen those depths on tighter, drier dirt on coin size targets yet!

Glad to hear that you are liking the AT Pro. It has many positives. I really love the quick recovery and the "tone-roll" audio. They really are effective pulltab, bottlecap and can slaw killers. When I started with the CTX-3030 I began digging up the caps and tabs again. I get about equal depths with the Pro and CTX in hard packed dry soils.

Nirros

Jan 8, 2012
Dexter, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
8.5x11
5x8
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My thoughts exactly Fella. Thread starters should have the ability to close their own threads. Anyways I switched back to my 5x8 coil....my arm needed the break .

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you gave it a positive review.:thumbsup: I am liking it in the creeks.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let us keep this thread on the original posters intent which was learning his machine and we can keep it open ,,ok? Thanks guys.

Sapper724

May 28, 2013
Northwestern WI
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO (Current)
Minelab Etrac (Current)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Sampson 31" Digger

Fisher F2 (RIP)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My thoughts exactly Fella. Thread starters should have the ability to close their own threads. Anyways I switched back to my 5x8 coil....my arm needed the break .

I hear ya there. My wrist can't handle the larger coil so well anymore, so I still use the 5x8 in large areas. I actually broke down today and ordered the detecting buddy so I can use the larger one again on sports fields. We'll see if it helps!

OP
OP
fella

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
aarrgg! double post! big dummy!

Last edited:
OP
OP
fella

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Met a guy yesterday that was interested in buying one of my Whites. I loaded up the truck with all 3 Whites (I already had the ATP in the truck) and went to met him. When I got there, I pulled out all the tectors and laid em all in the bed including the ATP.
The guy was a total noob and wanted a run through of each machine I had for sale. Being more than happy to oblige in trying to help, I walked him through each one of the Whites I had for sale. Then he ask about my ATP..."How much is this one?" I told him "$700...it would be cheaper if you bought a new one!".
I aint giving mine up w/o making money on it! He bought my Coinmaster Pro...glad to be rid of it!

I hear ya there. My wrist can't handle the larger coil so well anymore, so I still use the 5x8 in large areas. I actually broke down today and ordered the detecting buddy so I can use the larger one again on sports fields. We'll see if it helps!
The 5x8 aint coming off mine! Ever! I'll make twice as many swings to get the coverage if I have to!

Sapper724

May 28, 2013
Northwestern WI
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO (Current)
Minelab Etrac (Current)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Sampson 31" Digger

Fisher F2 (RIP)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Met a guy yesterday that was interested in buying one of my Whites. I loaded up the truck with all 3 Whites (I already had the ATP in the truck) and went to met him. When I got there, I pulled out all the tectors and laid em all in the bed including the ATP.
The guy was a total noob and wanted a run through of each machine I had for sale. Being more than happy to oblige in trying to help, I walked him through each one of the Whites I had for sale. Then he ask about my ATP..."How much is this one?" I told him "$700...it would be cheaper if you bought a new one!".
I aint giving mine up w/o making money on it! He bought my Coinmaster Pro...glad to be rid of it!

The 5x8 aint coming off mine! Ever! I'll make twice as many swings to get the coverage if I have to!

Lol that's awesome! Congrats on your sale! I don't know if mine will come off either, but with my wrist problems I have been having, I think I still might use the sling anyways. I'm also looking at getting a Sampson 31 inch t handle for plugs, I figure that might help the wrist also since I could use my foot to push down, at least for the deeper targets.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol that's awesome! Congrats on your sale! I don't know if mine will come off either, but with my wrist problems I have been having, I think I still might use the sling anyways. I'm also looking at getting a Sampson 31 inch t handle for plugs, I figure that might help the wrist also since I could use my foot to push down, at least for the deeper targets.

U wont have any problems swinging any size coil or any detector when u get ur detecting buddy ill definetly say any coil on my atp I can swing with one finger & any coil on my v3i with the sunray on it 1 finger also holds it at a very good level to the ground another choice ull b happy with. The samson now that I have matching sheaths from buzz im really thinking on.making my samson my go to digger now

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread