Patiently Awaiting New AT Pro!

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Since it doesn't look like it's gunna dry out at all this summer, I went ahead and ordered an AT Pro yesterday. It is out for delivery right now and I should have it within a couple of hours (if UPS's tracking is accurate).
Should be an interesting comparison to my MXT Pro & VX3.

I see a lot of people really like the ATP, while others have come away disappointed. I've not been overly impressed with the Ace line so it better perform head & shoulders above those. We'll see!

badpenny

Mar 28, 2013
NE PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I enjoy mine and it has shown me some great treasures.

OP
OP
fella

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just got it put together. First impressions - How many second graders worked on the plug design? It air test like crap. I'll check the plug connection again (4th or 5th time).

Well I'm off to field test this bad boy!

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got it put together. First impressions - How many second graders worked on the plug design? It air test like crap. I'll check the plug connection again (4th or 5th time).

Are you feeling alright?...maybe its the weather that drove you to the insanity it takes to order such a machine...take it to the park let me know how many bottle caps you can come up with in a hunt...

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Are you feeling alright?...maybe its the weather that drove you to the insanity it takes to order such a machine...take it to the park let me know how many bottle caps you can come up with in a hunt...
If your digging bottle caps and think its silver, then you dont know how to use this machine. Sure you will dig some, but if you use the iron audio, and pay attention to the instructional videos its a great machine. Three replies and dusty the Garrett hater is on it................give it a rest man

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing at all wrong with the Atpro I get plenty of depth on land haven't tried in the creeks yet cuz wife jacked it from me we will be soon doin mire comparison tests with the pro & my v3i

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it just blows my mind why would anyone with a good machine would want to down grade themselves to a garrett...and actually pay for it!....yes im a garrett hater and that came from using there products if they made a machine that half way worked id be happy....maybe i should try some of there older stuff out i think they were better 20 years ago.....

This is the garrett ring tone

Last edited:

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im sure you will be happy with the light weight construction after using a Whites. lol.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm just wondering so if ur not a Garrett fan fine that's ok everyone has there own opinion but y waste ur time & even bother posting just leave it alone not all of us hate Garrett I for one find there machines great customer service great now my wife has my pro she likes it I moved only ti another brand cuz I like to tweek programs the v3i fit the bill its just pointless to rip on a brand of detector cuz it didn't work for u may work for him or her who cares as long as we are pulling treasure out of the ground it shouldnt matter period

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:BangHead:To each their own, I think there is already AT Pro Hater thread. I like mine

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Told you would like the light weight construction. Now lets see how well it identifies targets in the ground shall we?

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm just wondering so if ur not a Garrett fan fine that's ok everyone has there own opinion but y waste ur time & even bother posting just leave it alone not all of us hate Garrett I for one find there machines great customer service great now my wife has my pro she likes it I moved only ti another brand cuz I like to tweek programs the v3i fit the bill its just pointless to rip on a brand of detector cuz it didn't work for u may work for him or her who cares as long as we are pulling treasure out of the ground it shouldnt matter period
If my stance on garretts bother you so bad just put me on ignore....maybe some poor kid out there has been saving his milk money and cant wait to buy a at pro because of all the great things people like you say about them....then the kid gets the at pro after saving his money so long and waiting just to find out its a water proof ace 350 and a dig all machine with piss poor discrimination....No ty christo i will add my 2 cents anytime i feel like it this is america last i looked if you dont like it dont read it

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just like the tv shows I bet. Lets see some great finds now.

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey fella i got a lead for you in fairchild the house owner at the old railroad depo is home on sat and would love to have people detect on his property i was there with jordan for 20 mins and gave up....too much trash for a garrett to handle but you have more detectors that would do a better job stop in hes a nice guy

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If my stance on garretts bother you so bad just put me on ignore....maybe some poor kid out there has been saving his milk money and cant wait to buy a at pro because of all the great things people like you say about them....then the kid gets the at pro after saving his money so long and waiting just to find out its a water proof ace 350 and a dig all machine with piss poor discrimination....No ty christo i will add my 2 cents anytime i feel like it this is america last i looked if you dont like it dont read it

Wow, its not even worth arguing about it dude its just someone who chose to buy a certain detector he can't wait for it & u put his choice down real cool no one puts ur choice of detector down

OP
OP
fella

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey fella i got a lead for you in fairchild the house owner at the old railroad depo is home on sat and would love to have people detect on his property i was there with jordan for 20 mins and gave up....too much trash for a garrett to handle but you have more detectors that would do a better job stop in hes a nice guy

LOL! You've hit some nerves Dusty. I saw Jordan on Sun and he told me that place was loaded with trash and said it was pretty much undetectable. Might have to give it a go!

On to my review of the ATP after my first outing....Took it to a local park that's not known for giving up much of anything with any machine I've swung there. I did get a nice silver ring there a couple of weeks ago so I decided to give her a go.
I started off by the ball court and within the first min I popped a zinc penny out at about 2". A couple of mins later 3 dimes literally stacked on top of one another just under the surface and a nickel. Nice! A little bit later I was getting a surface quarter signal. I look down and sure enough a nice silver disk. I stooped down to pick it up and it's sure enough was a quarter. A 196.....wait for it....6. Damn! I ended up digging 2 more nickels, 2 memorials another dime and another zinc. Nothing really deep. One of the copper pennies and one of the dimes were about 5"
I did dig some trash. One beaver tail that sounded off really nice. At least one piece of can slaw that sounded good and a few pieces of copper scrap. I also dug some scratchy signals that I figured were junk but I had to dig em to get an idea of what different trash sounds like.
Bottle caps...I dug two newer caps that were close to the surface and sounded really good even with iron audio on. No difference in sound. I also dug a couple of caps that sounded bad. Again, I'll dig a lot more till I get a better idea of what's what. But the iron audio worked well on these crustier ones.

The Target ID Legend seemed accurate enough and definitely better than the 250 & 350's I've used in the past. The bell tone is different (better) compared to the Ace's also.
The weight was not very impressive. It's a full pound lighter than either of my Whites but you'd never know it. It doesn't have what I'd call a good balance. Not bad (like the E-Trac), just not good! If I end up keeping this machine I may look at a straight shaft.
All in all I wasn't overly impressed but more importantly I wasn't disappointed either. It's definitely better than the 250/350's, but $300 better? We'll see.

Last edited:

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeh the truth will come when you start finding them 6 inch + targets and see what they id as ... my ace keeps telling me the wheats at 6 inches are quarter/dimes ...last time i was with jordan i had him compare a 6 inch target and his wouldnt even pick it up...so he desided to change batteries out good thing he did the pinpointer wouldnt even turn on with his old batteries so they were completely dead...after another 30 mins i found a 6 inch target again so he could recheck it and his Bh really didnt do well it hit it maybe 2 times and said it was iron the rest of the time something he said he wouldnt dig....mine was locked on quarter/dime so i dug it out pops a wheat ... damn just to get excited and dig a wheat what a let down

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

dusty I suggest you Lay off The Garrets.

I don't use one , But that is no reason for this type of Crap talk.

and as far as this being america, think again
this is TreasureNet not a country.

Refresh yourself on our rules TreasureNet - Rules

I don't want to use them against anyone, But if I continue to receive compaints

41A4E7rXNbL._SL500_SS500_.jpg

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dusty I suggest you Lay off The Garrets.

I don't use one , But that is no reason for this type of Crap talk.

and as far as this being america, think again
this is TreasureNet not a country.

Refresh yourself on our rules TreasureNet - Rules

I don't want to use them against anyone, But if I continue to receive compaints

View attachment 805263

I havent said anything about garretts that isnt true i use a garrett i have more hours on it then i would care to admit...if you dont want me posting my opinions on the garrett line a detector that i use daily then go ahead and ban me i can find another site where freedom of speech still applies

OP
OP
fella

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeh the truth will come when you start finding them 6 inch + targets and see what they id as ... my ace keeps telling me the wheats at 6 inches are quarter/dimes ...last time i was with jordan i had him compare a 6 inch target and his wouldnt even pick it up...so he desided to change batteries out good thing he did the pinpointer wouldnt even turn on with his old batteries so they were completely dead...after another 30 mins i found a 6 inch target again so he could recheck it and his Bh really didnt do well it hit it maybe 2 times and said it was iron the rest of the time something he said he wouldnt dig....mine was locked on quarter/dime so i dug it out pops a wheat ... damn just to get excited and dig a wheat what a let down
See Dusty, It could be worse. You could have a BH! LOL!

yes im a garrett hater and that came from using there products if they made a machine that half way worked id be happy....maybe i should try some of there older stuff out i think they were better 20 years ago.....
I hunted with my brother this past weekend and he was using his 20yo GTAX1000. I couldn't believe how well it performed. It even had a nice sound to it. (selectable tone was a nice feature)

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread