Milspec Cover for my AT Pro

AC500

Apr 30, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi AC500 I tried to answer your question but I just saw it was un-deliverable. Sorry, is you email correct in your profile?

bp, the email is correct. no worries....just getting a little tired of this guys lack of communication, he hammered me with a few excuses about why my items took so long to ship and now this. Not impressed.

hoosierguy

Feb 5, 2013
Laconia, IN
Detector(s) used
â—Ź Minelab Manticore â—Ź Minelab CTX-3030 â—Ź Minelab Equinox 800 â—Ź Minelab Goldmaster 1000 â—Ź Garrett Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
bp, the email is correct. no worries....just getting a little tired of this guys lack of communication, he hammered me with a few excuses about why my items took so long to ship and now this. Not impressed.

I had the same issue with him...that's probably the weakest area of his business. I believe he's trying to find dependable people to take over the sewing part of the process so he can stay on top of the rest of the business. It's pretty obvious he has more business than he can handle (a good problem to have)...his quality products make up for wait as long as you go into it knowing his situation and being fully aware it could be 2-3 weeks till you get your order.

JASinBTCT

Aug 20, 2013
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett AT Pro, Teknetics T2, Garrett Pro Pointer AT Z-Lynk, Garrett Pro Pointer AT, Garrett Pro Pointer, Deteknix X-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I placed my AT Cover order with Milspec on August 27th. Was told it was ready and would ship on 9/7; and I'd receive the tracking info. As/of today (9/17) I've received neither the merchandise, nor the requested tracking info. Disappointing, to say the least!

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Why would you bother covering a waterproof detector?

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why would you bother covering a waterproof detector?

I also cover my waterproof Atpro, its only to prevent dirt,mud,tree branch scratches I mean lets face it these machines arent no $50 detectors so any little bit of security helps

JASinBTCT

Aug 20, 2013
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett AT Pro, Teknetics T2, Garrett Pro Pointer AT Z-Lynk, Garrett Pro Pointer AT, Garrett Pro Pointer, Deteknix X-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ditto, christo000. I make every effort to take the best-possible care of my gear. And I really like the design of Milspec's products.

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
christo000 said:
I also cover my waterproof Atpro, its only to prevent dirt,mud,tree branch scratches I mean lets face it these machines arent no $50 detectors so any little bit of security helps

Gotcha christo. I guess I'm just too lazy to clean the mud and dirt off a cover and the detector. I just wipe it off with a damp rag every now and then. If the V's screen ever gets scratched I will pop a new one on for $5. I never could stand a screen protector for a phone either. It's hard enough to see the screen with a glare or low light without another piece of plastic in the way. Lol

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its all good everyones different its all it is

ehudson80

Tenderfoot
Jun 7, 2009
Cincinnati, OH
Detector(s) used
White's DFX * Garrett AT Pro * White's Bullseye II pinpointer * Vibra Probe 580 Waterproof pinpointer
Ordered a belt, Lesche sheath, booty bag, and AT Pro cover on July 14... still nothing. I asked for a status update on Sept 11 and was told it shipped and would check his receipts. No word back since then...

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sounds like some little white lies. Nothing takes more than a week after being shipped in the US.

OP
OP
badpenny

badpenny

Mar 28, 2013
NE PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let me say this. These products are made by an American hero, no, I don't know the man personally but I have spoken to Van a few times on the phone, and understand his ghost. He is a wounded veteran and spends a lot of time in and out of veterans hospitals. So if you order something don't expect to get it over night; that's not going to happen. But you will receive a true military spec piece when it arrives, which will blow you away. I received the belt, bag and sheath and love them. Top quality all the way and I love the fact the bag and sheath Velcro themselves to the belt so that they are always where I put them once on the belt. I can pop the belt off in a second. Quality is exceptional, but again, these are hand made by a veteran as they are ordered. I see these items lasting my lifetime, and I highly recommend them to anyone BUT be patient as it will take awhile to get your order filled, especially if Van is hospitalized. Remember you are supporting a wounded veteran when you place the order and that is good enough for me.

JASinBTCT

Aug 20, 2013
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks your insight, badpenny. Supporting a wounded veteran was a driving factor for me, in choosing to do business with Van. I look forward to posting the good news, if/when my order finally shows up and sincerely hope to order more merchandise from Van in the future!

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks your insight, badpenny. Supporting a wounded veteran was a driving factor for me, in choosing to do business with Van. I look forward to posting the good news, if/when my order finally shows up and sincerely hope to order more merchandise from Van in the future!

Right on guys bad penny ur the Man

Potts

Oct 13, 2010
U.P. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
badpenny...Drop it or move it over to the Charter Members Section for sale items.

OP
OP
badpenny

badpenny

Mar 28, 2013
NE PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry Potts, I apologize for offending you and anyone else for that matter, consider it dropped. I am NOT affiliated with anyone here, period. I am just a customer... nothing more!!!

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Out of my own curiousity, im not looking to start anything no troubles. Why does badpenny have to drop anything he isnt selling anything he is just explaining how the process of getting a mil spec cover is & to boot its being made by a vet

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread