Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I took the Ace 250 to a school play ground,A.K.A.-tot lot this morning and found $1.39 in change,lots of foil wrappers,bobby pins,& other asstd. junk.Also found a Chucky Cheese tokens.Most coins were 2-4 inches below ground,it was almost to easy to find these coins,I'm going to make tot lots my favorite places to swing a coil from now on.
Monthly totals with my Ace are March-41 penny's ,2 nickles,5 dimes,6 quarters
April-31 penny's,3 nickles,4 dimes,2 quarters
May-27 penny's,6 nickles,3 dimes
And tons of junk,horse shoes,can slaw,new pull tabs,old pull tabs,
foil,and lots of bullets,and a few metal bottle caps & a beer can.:laughing7:

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Well I took the Ace 250 to a school play ground,A.K.A.-tot lot this morning and found $1.39 in change,lots of foil wrappers,bobby pins,& other asstd. junk.Also found a Chucky Cheese tokens.Most coins were 2-4 inches below ground,it was almost to easy to find these coins,I'm going to make tot lots my favorite places to swing a coil from now on.
Monthly totals with my Ace are March-41 penny's ,2 nickles,5 dimes,6 quarters
April-31 penny's,3 nickles,4 dimes,2 quarters
May-27 penny's,6 nickles,3 dimes
And tons of junk,horse shoes,can slaw,new pull tabs,old pull tabs,
foil,and lots of bullets,and a few metal bottle caps & a beer can.:laughing7:

I know someone who is retired, and has a schedule of different tot lots he does every day. He just repeats his rout every week. He has found sooooo many rings and coins that it's scary.....It's interesting how different hunters pick their own nich to hunt particular targets. It is such a wonderful hobby!

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector_searching.gif
Hey, any find is a great find Produce Guy.

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yup! The Tot Lot's "restock" themselves every week of so! They are a never ending supply of coins,jewlery,ect. Infact the same can be said about public parks,and sport fields also.

OP
OP
Produce Guy

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to a different tot-lot yesterday,and when I got there,there was this young kid(in his 20's) who had a high dollar minelab,I could tell he had never used it before by the way he was swinging the coil.I get there & he tells me,that there's nothing here except junk & foil.So I go to the far end of the lot and the first hit I got was a quarter and then 7 penny's in one hole.He looks over at me & shakes his head.He tells me later that the detector is his dads & that he never uses it,so he thought he'd take it out.I told him about this web sight & told him to go to Youtube & watch videos on his detector.

knightsquad

Apr 5, 2013
East Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Soverign
Tesoro, Vaquero
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
why did he shake his head? If it was (against) you I wouldn't have told him SQUAT!

Hey Produce, I commented about the detector stand made of wood in another post,
check it out!

Pete

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread