Key finds

bush13st_beav3r

Apr 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I've found a few keys since I picked up the hobby... Was wondering if anyone has an idea on how to identity what they open? I can post pics if someone here is a key guru/locksmith, but I'd like to find a good free website that has a log of keys, years made, what they open, etc...Idk if there is such a thing cuz my Google searches left me high n dry, but I could've worded the searches poorly...thanks GL&HH

-beav3r

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
That's a toughy! Best you take them to an experienced locksmith. Below is what I do with some of my older car keys......

key rings.jpg

OP
OP
bush13st_beav3r

bush13st_beav3r

Apr 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice. I have found probly 7-8 keys, but two of them have me super curious as to what they unlock and where its located at....one looks like a key from a locker at a subway station or something, it has a serial number on the back...and the other looks like a key for a strongbox or gunsafe... First was found n my front yard, the latter was found at an abandoned house a couple inches under dirt next to a tree.. post pics shortly

-beav3r

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread