Infinium LS Videos For Basic Operation (for experienced users)

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
This detector can be a challenge to learn. If you are new to metal detecting, don't purchase one. It will be a lesson in frustration. It works great in some environments and very poorly in others. It is a PI (pulse induction) unit and will beep on every target. Unlike a typical AT or ACE Model, this unit has limited discrimination to it. You can tune out the interference from the Pro Pointer or someone elses PI you may be hunting near. Click below on these links to get an idea how it operates and how different it is from your current metal detector:

Garrett Infinium Introduction Videos
Garrett Infinium Video Library
Garrett Infinium Techniques Videos
Garrett Infinium Closing Videos

garrett-infinium-ls-panel.jpg

BadM0nkey

Apr 28, 2013
Andover, NJ
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE Limited Edition
Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love mine. It goes very deep, rings on the smallest items, comes with rechargeable batteries, isn't bothered by black sand or salt water and is extremely waterproof. You just got to dig all targets.

OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
I love mine. It goes very deep, rings on the smallest items, comes with rechargeable batteries, isn't bothered by black sand or salt water and is extremely waterproof. You just got to dig all targets.

That's the easy part....learning the tones, audio duration, double bleeps, harsh audio, audio cut-off, set-up, dealing with the machine running unstable are some of the more complex issues. I can't imagine giving an Infinium to a new person and sending him/her to a park or lake to dig some targets. YIKES!!!

CrazyBunny.jpg

BadM0nkey

Apr 28, 2013
Andover, NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's the easy part....learning the tones, audio duration, double bleeps, harsh audio, audio cut-off, set-up, dealing with the machine running unstable are some of the more complex issues. I can't imagine giving an Infinium to a new person and sending him/her to a park or lake to dig some targets. YIKES!!! View attachment 808631

It's what I started with a few years ago. After a couple of weeks I was already pretty good at knowing what was coming and could tell if it was a bobby pin, bottle cap, aluminum junk or a coin. (It is hard to tell the difference between a quarter and a chunk of iron) Regardless of what I heard, I still dig all the targets, just in case... I do the same with my 350 except that I knock out the first 3 levels of iron.

OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
It's what I started with a few years ago. After a couple of weeks I was already pretty good at knowing what was coming and could tell if it was a bobby pin, bottle cap, aluminum junk or a coin. (It is hard to tell the difference between a quarter and a chunk of iron) Regardless of what I heard, I still dig all the targets, just in case... I do the same with my 350 except that I knock out the first 3 levels of iron.

I bet you have some incredible finds to show off with it too.

INFINIUMONLYRINGS2.jpg

"HE WHO DIGS IT ALL, GETS IT ALL"

BadM0nkey

Apr 28, 2013
Andover, NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bet you have some incredible finds to show off with it too.

Don't we all? My favorite is still the full 6-pack of Piels Beer I found nearly 4 feet down in a Carmel Beach vollyball court. Too bad I punctured one of the cans with my shovel. It was ripe.

Digger2

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2013
Vacherie Louisiana
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS,Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500 ,
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Detectorpro Uniprobe

Vibra-tector 730
Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't we all? My favorite is still the full 6-pack of Piels Beer I found nearly 4 feet down in a Carmel Beach vollyball court. Too bad I punctured one of the cans with my shovel. It was ripe.
Probably some chap decided to quit drinking and buried the 6-pack to confirm it.:occasion14:

Roy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread