Modes on the AT Pro

Metal.detective

Oct 29, 2012
Roanoke Rapids NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok people...I've been reading all these posts with people running the AT Pro in pro zero mode. I've been running mine in pro custom with zero notches notched out. Sooooo does that really mean I'm running in pro zero? I'm running my iron discrimination at 35. I may be asking another dumb question in here but hey I gotta know. Main thing though...pro custom with zero notches taken out or pro zero. Is there a difference? Thanks.

Birky

Apr 19, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As far as I know there is zero difference except that Pro-Custom mode will save your settings for you.
It's always Pro Zero for me and I leave the Iron discrimination at zero as well. Just my preference.

BTW there are no dumb questions..only dumb answers:thumbsup:

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
If you run custom mode with zero notches notched out, you are now matching the zero mode. The same thing. If you add numbers to your iron discrimination and turn on your iron audio, it will give a low grunt on a target VDI number in that range. If no numbers are entered for the iron audio, the detector will not sound off in a low grunt. You need to review some Garrett Videos. Here's the link:

AT Pro: Garrett AT PRO Training, "From the Field" and Tip Videos

AT Gold: Garrett AT Gold Online Training Videos

at_pro_international_controls[1]_(2).jpg

OP
OP
Metal.detective

Metal.detective

Oct 29, 2012
Roanoke Rapids NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
John...thanks for the links but i think I've watched those videos a hundred times lol. I'm VERY comfortable with the AT just wondering if I was missing something. I guess I'm not. I've had the thing for 2 years now and sometimes I guess I read these threads to much and second guess myself. Thanks for the help y'all.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread