Ace 350 users

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How many ace 350 users on here? I can give some tips I've learned. I think the unit hunts best in zero mode with 2 or 3 iron segments discriminated at full or 3/4 sensitivity. Keep the coil as close to ground as possible and swing slow. Pin pointing is still a problem for me I'm glad I have the pro pointer. Any other suggestions for us 350 users out there?

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

OP
OP
Kodiak43351

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ate you finding good stuff? Any tips you know of or heard about?

LifeNRA

Apr 21, 2013
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I bench tested for my own custom setting. I made sure that it will still sound off for everything except iron. I have the first four segments turned off. I still see them but wont dig until I have another tone for something in my custom setting. So far finding everything with the pinpoint feature on the 350. Finding a lot of coins, just not very old coins that I would like. No silver yet.

OP
OP
Kodiak43351

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a 1893 barber dime with mine and so far that is my only silver been finding a lot of old relics though. I have found a lot of modern coins some wheats and one Indian head. Mostly hunting in fields around my house though. I have permission for an old school but only put in about an hour there so far.

duchess of digging

Apr 22, 2013
New England
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i hunt on relic mode most of the time i love the pinpointing feature it takes practice and patience..and sometimes just on coin.. but i find on coin its more accurate with the sensitivity at about half..less bottle caps:)

OP
OP
Kodiak43351

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree I was detecting with it for almost two months without the pro pointer. I would give up on holes every now and then. After I got pro pointer I went back and re dug those holes and found what was hiding, usually in side of hole or and inch or two away from hole.

abbynormal

Sep 17, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I tried various methods of pinpointing and ended up using a combination of wiggling and then doing an x pattern was the best. Keep in mind that deeper items will be further away from the sweet spot, also, so if you think it's deeper then you might need a bigger plug. I used the ACE 350 for 6 months then moved to an AT Pro.
It is a coin magnet. The sniper coil is awesome on trashy sites, and I still use it in conjunction with the AT Pro. The sniper coil makes pinpointing easier. Of course, it doesn't go quite as deep as the 9x12 but I've pulled up Indian Head and Buffalo nickels at 6 inches on trashy farms.
I also do use a pin pointer, but I try to find the item without it if possible. If you know you are having trouble pinpointing and have the Pro-Pointer, you can try tuning your Pro-Pointer to go deeper and use that for final pin-pointing, before you even dig. I do that in more manicured areas so I can keep the holes smaller. I find it's usually good to about 4-5 inches. Anything deeper and I have to start digging and then try it.
:)

OP
OP
Kodiak43351

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the info you guys are great. I will get at pro but need to convince wife so it might take a while lol

duchess of digging

Apr 22, 2013
New England
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i also want to upgrade to the AT but the boyfriend uses a whites MXT pro and that thing is a coin wh:censored:re he out hunts me most of the time

LifeNRA

Apr 21, 2013
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PA here must have a lot of iron in the soil. Because there is no way I can use my 350 anywhere near 3/4 or full sensitivity. It just goes crazy! I have had some occasions where I could up it some, but not too many times. Cant wait till I can get to the beach. Be hunting in the dry only, but still on the towel lines! ;)

OP
OP
Kodiak43351

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck life NRA I just went out in front yard and got an iffy signal so I dug it it was a 1944 wheat at digger length so that would be 7 to 71/2 inches it had a nail to the side of it at 2 inches pretty impressed. I can hunt full sensitivity most of the time unless its real trashy.

marh415

Apr 30, 2013
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ACE 350, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just over a month into the hobby with mine, bought my Pro Pointer about 3 weeks later (should have bought it with my machine) and it's the best tool to compliment any machine. My best find was what turned to be an English half penny about 6" down. I usually run it in Zero or Relics mode if the area is somewhat trashy. For sensitivity, I leave it around 60-70% most times. It's been a lot of fun so far, but I'm already eyeing the AT Pro and some other machines in that range too! HH!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions