Just ordered the AT Pro

FL-Kruzen

Greenie
Jun 3, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I started with the Bounty Hunter

Long star, then the Minelab xterra 305 and now the AT Pro. What I like about it is that it can be used in the water. Since I line in south east Florida or the Treasure Coast, I aim to do some prospecting in the ocean. I'm new here and I have read allot of good stuff about the AT Pro and to my shock... A lot of bad things. But I truly think its up to the user and how well the know their equipment. Can't wait to get it in and start using it. I was at the beach last evening and my search coil broke off my Minelab! I had to prefer a replacement... $165!

badpenny

Mar 28, 2013
NE PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you will like it, and I do believe it all comes down to the pilot and how well they learn it too. I have no regrets with mine at all and like you I didn't want to worry about weather either. I am considering a pair of those Grey Ghost water proof headphones as my next accessory.

OP
OP
FL-Kruzen

FL-Kruzen

Greenie
Jun 3, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Bad Penny, you thinking about sunken your head under water?

OP
OP
FL-Kruzen

FL-Kruzen

Greenie
Jun 3, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I meant "dunking" ha! Ha!

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you'll definetly get some use out of the pro its a good detector

Atomic Ed

Jun 2, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
At Pro, ACE 350 & Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats great, I just recently got mine abd I love it so far. i know your going to be happy with it.

OP
OP
FL-Kruzen

FL-Kruzen

Greenie
Jun 3, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's due in tomorrow via UPS. I'm taking it up to the Treasure Coast of Florida near where I live, I want to find some of those Spanish Spanish golden doubloons.

knightsquad

Apr 5, 2013
East Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Soverign
Tesoro, Vaquero
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keuzen!
Where ya at bud? I'm in Sebastian ..
We could hook up some time!

Pete
There was a new guy at our clubs meeting two weeks ago at the Library!
Didn't happen to be you did it?

OP
OP
FL-Kruzen

FL-Kruzen

Greenie
Jun 3, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Squid, I'm in Central Palm Beach County. I was thinking about going to the "bath Tub" area just over the Hutchinson Island beige on the left side. I was riding my Harley up there last Sunday and it looked promising. Have you ever worked that area?

Mark

JRMan

Mar 20, 2013
West Coast Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer,
White's Coinmaster 6000/Di Professional
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just recently received mine. Watching the videos helped ALOT!

I watched nearly 30 hours of videos before I even got the unit. When it did arrive, knew all about and how to operate it right out of the box. :)

badpenny

Mar 28, 2013
NE PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife loves to go with me detecting, and she is a water baby, I know she would put her head underwater in a second, with the headphones on, and then look at me and go Opps... And that is why I loved her for nearly forty years... I'm just sayin'!

OP
OP
FL-Kruzen

FL-Kruzen

Greenie
Jun 3, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well folks I received my AT Pro today. Took it out in the back yard and I can't seem to get it to stop alerting, even when held up. I just checked all the connections and all are seated well. I'm going to take it out to the beach in a while and see if I can get it working right.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well folks I received my AT Pro today. Took it out in the back yard and I can't seem to get it to stop alerting, even when held up. I just checked all the connections and all are seated well. I'm going to take it out to the beach in a while and see if I can get it working right.

If u cant get it to act right in on dry land might not be such a great idea to up & go to beach. With it ah did u try a factory reset at all just off top if my head I guess worth a try

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Cell phone on ? underground dog fence in the yard? wireless router in the house?sounds like EMI.Try truning down the sen. till it calms down.
Gary

Last edited:

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Alerting?:dontknow: I've never heard that out of mine?

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My wife loves to go with me detecting, and she is a water baby, I know she would put her head underwater in a second, with the headphones on, and then look at me and go Opps... And that is why I loved her for nearly forty years... I'm just sayin'!
Isn't that great!:thumbsup: My wife is the same way! We hunt together,fish together,and now MD together.

OP
OP
FL-Kruzen

FL-Kruzen

Greenie
Jun 3, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got it fixed. Went to a local park and I forgot about changing channels and your right about cell phones. I got it working good now. Had to watch more videos. It sure is different than my Minelab unit.. Much better I think. Can't wait for the week end!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread