Super excited for my supersniper. Tips?

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just paid for a supersniper for my atp....monday/tuesday....until then...anyone give me some pointers on it? Anything is appreciated.... ....god... I can't wait!

-beav3r
I talked to Rusty at Garrett the other day and told him how well I liked the 5X8 coil,and he said if I thought that worked well,I should try the "super sniper coil" it is even better,in trashey areas! Looking forward to your report on it's performance!

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
do u already have the 5x8 or just the stock and ur goin for the sniper? i was also curios on the 2 like a side by side sniper to 5x8 i mean i already have used the 5x8 and its quite obvios that the 5x8 is goin to cover more ground but im looking for the separation point and if i made a difference on the weight. well good luck with it

OP
OP
bush13st_beav3r

bush13st_beav3r

Apr 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just the sniper, and stock....sniper will hopefully be here Mon or tues....hell, I'd even b happy if it ended up here on thurs....75$ shipped for a brand new sniper....well, not brand new n the bubblewrap, but, the gentleman I bought it from has never used it. But, as soon as I get it, I'm throwing it on the atp and hunting the school basketball courts immediately...I believe I'm the first person to hunt thus school and I'm more than confident that ill be finding gold jewelry there, and alllll the silvers that are eluding me at my neighbors house... Will definitely let u know....only thing that I'm kinda "ehhh" about, is its depth....but, ill use it to clear the stuff less than 6" then slap on the stock and grab the goods below.... Ain't nothin guna stop me now!

-beav3r

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you are using the large stock coil and put on the super sniper, you will love it. I have a 5x8, and ordered the Sniper coil, and haven't put it on yet, I just cannot bring myself to take this 5x8 off
Just the sniper, and stock....sniper will hopefully be here Mon or tues....hell, I'd even b happy if it ended up here on thurs....75$ shipped for a brand new sniper....well, not brand new n the bubblewrap, but, the gentleman I bought it from has never used it. But, as soon as I get it, I'm throwing it on the atp and hunting the school basketball courts immediately...I believe I'm the first person to hunt thus school and I'm more than confident that ill be finding gold jewelry there, and alllll the silvers that are eluding me at my neighbors house... Will definitely let u know....only thing that I'm kinda "ehhh" about, is its depth....but, ill use it to clear the stuff less than 6" then slap on the stock and grab the goods below.... Ain't nothin guna stop me now!

-beav3r

Digger2

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2013
Vacherie Louisiana
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS,Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500 ,
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Detectorpro Uniprobe

Vibra-tector 730
Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've use the sniper in super trashy areas.
I bought the sniper because my 5x8 was overwhelmed in this trash, the sniper did its job and was able to sniff out the goodies. There were a couple of areas in this trash, that I just gave up on. Too much trash is too much. It takes more patience in super trashy areas, but if you've got the patience, I believe it sniff out must areas.
I do not use mine much, but it follows wherever I go with my ATP, cause when there are too many multiple targets, this bad little coil will separate 'em.
I just wish some one would make a PI pinpointer with 1 1/2 coil or 1 inch coil!
Roy

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've use the sniper in super trashy areas.
I bought the sniper because my 5x8 was overwhelmed in this trash, the sniper did its job and was able to sniff out the goodies. There were a couple of areas in this trash, that I just gave up on. Too much trash is too much. It takes more patience in super trashy areas, but if you've got the patience, I believe it sniff out must areas.
I do not use mine much, but it follows wherever I go with my ATP, cause when there are too many multiple targets, this bad little coil will separate 'em.
I just wish some one would make a PI pinpointer with 1 1/2 coil or 1 inch coil!
Roy

The 1" coil thing they do called a sunray probé I just dont know if they have it for the atp im pretty sure they do for the ace series & the gti, so if im right I think they just might not be making them cuz of the plugs the atp has

OP
OP
bush13st_beav3r

bush13st_beav3r

Apr 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Vibraprobe is pi as well I believe.... I just don't like how its "tilt to turn on"....I have a feeling I'd bend over and turn it on, then not b able to use my atp for a minute til it turns off.

-beav3r

TheOldMan

Nov 26, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Run it along side fences that have metal in them. You can find the wheaties and silver etc that the large coils couldn't pick up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread