AT Breaks Dry Spell!

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not talking about the weather either. It has been uncharacteristically SOGGY here in Wis this year which is a big reason why I bought the ATP in the first place.
Well today I FINALLY got my first silver coin of the year. '47 Rosie!
Like a slugger in slump, I hope that's over!

Other cool finds today were an old bell minus the clapper and handle, 30's era copper lipstick cartridge & a 3 gem ring. I'll try to post pics later.

This ATP is becoming a preferred weapon of choice for me. I even left ALL my Whites home today.

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Grtz on the first silver of the year...hopefully you find more then just the 1...need to get into a hot spot where you can pull 30 or more thats a good feeling ...if you got a deep seeker i have a ball field in my yard that ive found 4 wheats yesterday i got a 36 wheaty in 20 mins before the gnats got to me ...but you know the ole ace 350 i cant go very deep afraid im walking over the goods you can see my house and the same ball field in 1937 picture...havent figured out how to post it though

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not talking about the weather either. It has been uncharacteristically SOGGY here in Wis this year which is a big reason why I bought the ATP in the first place.
Well today I FINALLY got my first silver coin of the year. '47 Rosie!
Like a slugger in slump, I hope that's over!

Other cool finds today were an old bell minus the clapper and handle, 30's era copper lipstick cartridge & a 3 gem ring. I'll try to post pics later.

This ATP is becoming a preferred weapon of choice for me. I even left ALL my Whites home today.

Congrates on the finds let it be first of many

badpenny

Mar 28, 2013
NE PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats I dug a 45 quarter two days ago too. I guess the stars are in alignment or something.

Jay In NewKen

Jun 24, 2012
New Kensington, Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the silver! In 2 yrs, I've yet to find a silver detecting (my bucklist is humble). Although last week i pulled a 42 nickle out of a vending machine at work. LoL

Congrats again :)

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've only been doing this for about two months. Last week I got my first silver a Mercury Dime 1945. Then 6 Wheat Penny's. Today I found number 7. I would like to have a week long hot streak. I'd even settle for a 4 hour hot streak!:laughing7: I've found over 35.00 in clad,not counting the Stinking Linclon pennys!

Last edited:

Sapper724

May 28, 2013
Northwestern WI
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO (Current)
Minelab Etrac (Current)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Sampson 31" Digger

Fisher F2 (RIP)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats fella! Hopefully I'm not too far behind you! I think we got out AT's around the same time. You're from WI? Me too, Rice Lake here, how about you?

OP
OP
fella

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats fella! Hopefully I'm not too far behind you! I think we got out AT's around the same time. You're from WI? Me too, Rice Lake here, how about you?

Eau Claire

Sapper724

May 28, 2013
Northwestern WI
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO (Current)
Minelab Etrac (Current)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Sampson 31" Digger

Fisher F2 (RIP)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No kidding! Are you a member of the three seasons treasure hunters? I've spoken with ken a few times in that group. I'm still considering joining. If you get up north here, send me a message. I'm on facebook, Ron Litland. Happy hunting!

OP
OP
fella

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
fella

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
After breaking my years silverless dry spell yesterday with that '47 Rosie. Today I dug a '52 Washington quarter.

'47 Rosie.JPG '47 Rosie r.JPG

Only got to hunt for about 45min today. Maybe I'll get some time tonight.

'52 .JPG '52 r.JPG

I gotta keep em comin!

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So does that mean ur whites detectors r in the house for now ? I ll admit it is nice taking out a good detector without all the programs & adjusting which way the wind is blowing & still come up with some good finds

Atomic Ed

Jun 2, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
At Pro, ACE 350 & Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats, cool finds. Looks like the AT Pro is bringing you some luck!

Sapper724

May 28, 2013
Northwestern WI
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO (Current)
Minelab Etrac (Current)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Sampson 31" Digger

Fisher F2 (RIP)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What the...? I'm gonna have to start following you around! Congrats on the silver!

OP
OP
fella

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So does that mean ur whites detectors r in the house for now ? I ll admit it is nice taking out a good detector without all the programs & adjusting which way the wind is blowing & still come up with some good finds
You know what, It's becoming my "go to". I really like the way it communicates to the user. I love my Whites too but I'm much more dependent on the display. I almost don't use the display on the ATP. Tones on the ATP convey much better info to me than any display!

Congrats, cool finds. Looks like the AT Pro is bringing you some luck!
Yeah kinda looking that way.

What the...? I'm gonna have to start following you around! Congrats on the silver!
I won't be leaving anything for you if you follow! LOL!

Last edited:

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Sapper724

May 28, 2013
Northwestern WI
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO (Current)
Minelab Etrac (Current)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Sampson 31" Digger

Fisher F2 (RIP)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm hoping my UP Michigan trip yields something this week ;)

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm hoping my UP Michigan trip yields something this week ;)

Good luck sapper ive kinda been wanting to head that way for a trip too let us know how you do ;-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread