OP
OP
christo000

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its kinda cool huh my main detector the whites v3i is scared to get wet lol

badpenny

Mar 28, 2013
NE PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Once I get those Grey Ghost speakers I know I will. Without the headphones I am deaf so why even try.

OP
OP
christo000

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Once I get those Grey Ghost speakers I know I will. Without the headphones I am deaf so why even try.

Well u could just unplug the headphones keep an eye on the old screen. When ur new greys come in let me know how they work compared to the stock.ones

Uncle Jeff

May 28, 2013
Tampa, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer AT -
TEKNETICS EUROTEK PRO -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heck yes, and creeks and streams and rivers and bays and oceans.. thats why I got a MD that is some what water proof

bush13st_beav3r

Apr 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
U bet ur sweet a..... Yes.. yes, I do... Until lightning is literally striking the ground a couple miles away, then I run home like a scared little girl... The main reason I got the atp is bc it loves water as much as I do... But, I'm n ks, so saltwater beaches arnt a problem for me....nor will they ever be..(hopefully...... That'd b one hell of a catastrophe to cause saltwater beaches to b here)... Wife thinks I'm crazy rain hunting... I tell her its better hunting wet ground.. ...didn't tell her that rain doesn't INSTANTLY make a foot deep of dirt wet... ..but, she's a smart woman, and probly just let's me go to get me out of her hair :)

-beav3r

Jay In NewKen

Jun 24, 2012
New Kensington, Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh bring the rain. Nothing like being the only one at a park because of a few sprinkles. Add a few extra inches of depth. Yea, i do a rain dance on occasion.

Uncle Jeff

May 28, 2013
Tampa, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer AT -
TEKNETICS EUROTEK PRO -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ohh yea forgot to add the fact that wet ground can be penetrated deeper than dry soil and its win win, less people and deeper finds.

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yep! Yesterday I got my years first silver. In the rain I might add. I would have had to pack it in and probably missed it if I had been using any of my other tectors!

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heck yes, and creeks and streams and rivers and bays and oceans.. thats why I got a MD that is some what water proof
Its not SOME WHAT waterproof...its waterproof...I hunt with mine submerged for hours at a time.

badpenny

Mar 28, 2013
NE PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My son showed up yesterday to stake out a spot where I am putting a shed, he informed me that he will be here tomorrow to prep the site and add stone to the area. Hell, there may be a pot of gold where that shed is going so in the rain I went and dug. I found one dime, a 1985 I believe, and an old piece of iron which looks like a turtle or snail with some weird markings on the side. I am guessing it is Indian artifact but I haven't had the time to research it. And today I am hanging with my two year old grandson so it will be nothing but trucks digging in the dirt.

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yep! Yesterday I got my years first silver. In the rain I might add. I would have had to pack it in and probably missed it if I had been using any of my other tectors!
:thumbsup: Congtrats! Yes I do hunt when rain is forcast,and if it starts sprinkling,I just keep hunting worry free! I did go out to hunt one day while it was raining. I was worried about the "stock" headphones that came with the ATP,but soon figured out that all I had to do was wear a poncho with a hood on it and the headphones stayed dry. It wasn't a problem,at all! Now I carry the poncho with me when I go and don't worry about the rain. My knees still get wet though!:dontknow: My poor ATP looked like it had been in a "mud bogg" race!:laughing7: When I got home,I just truned the garden hose on it,and sprayed it off,then dried it off with a towel,and she was ready to go again!

Last edited:

Jay In NewKen

Jun 24, 2012
New Kensington, Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have good quality rain gear i use for fishing. The AT is waterproof, but it's no fun when you're soaked to the bone and freezing.

TheOldMan

Nov 26, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Last weekend it rained and provided the perfect oppuntunity for me to detect a few places that are usually pretty busy with people. . . there was not a soul around at any time which made it really nice - Saturday I just finished up a site when a downpour started in but Sunday I hunted during a steady drizzle. . . . I swear that I heard TheATPro let out a few contented quack quacks. Lol ! ! !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions