What is the BEST accessories,you have put on your ATP?

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There are 4 that I can think of off hand. 1. Is the Anderson MD stand. It stops the ATP from falling over,on it's side,and also raises it up off the ground to give you a little more length for the headphone cord. 2. Is the mount for the Pro pointer. This is most likely the BEST of the bunch! Your PP is always right there,for easy access,and the added weight really makes the ATP balance well,even with the stock coil. 3. The world famous 5X8 DD coil. This is a must have item if you hunt areas full of trash (like city parks,school grounds,ect.) You can go from constantly digging trash,to separating coins from the trash. 4. The Garrett Pro Pointer! Hunting without one is like driving blindfolded down the highway!:laughing7:
102_2110_zps5c8b46db.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Off hand I'd have to say the rabbits foot I added.:laughing7: No, I am sorry, I just can't get on the AT PRO band wagon. It took 3 different detectors to get a unit that works as advertised. While it might be decent now, I have no confidence in it like I do my other water detectors. I just find no use for a water detector that has a screen as I feel the screen is for hunters that like the option of not digging the target because it doesn't ring up high enough in the screen. The AT PRO is not the king of the beaches but does fairly well on dry land and you have to like the weight of it. Maybe next year with the addition of a new "improved" model from someone.

OP
OP
rks1949

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Off hand I'd have to say the rabbits foot I added.:laughing7: No, I am sorry, I just can't get on the AT PRO band wagon. It took 3 different detectors to get a unit that works as advertised. While it might be decent now, I have no confidence in it like I do my other water detectors. I just find no use for a water detector that has a screen as I feel the screen is for hunters that like the option of not digging the target because it doesn't ring up high enough in the screen. The AT PRO is not the king of the beaches but does fairly well on dry land and you have to like the weight of it. Maybe next year with the addition of a new "improved" model from someone.
I do like the stand"rabbits foot". It can go from one detector to another in seconds,and keeps the detectors upright!

Jay In NewKen

Jun 24, 2012
New Kensington, Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My best accessory for the ATP are my ears. LoL The machine seems heavy enough with the stock coil so i don't want to make it more so. After a 4-5 hr hunt, you feel it. The smaller DD coil is the only addon i purchased.

badpenny

Mar 28, 2013
NE PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Miltec cover; it makes a nice protector.

B

BiggusDiggus

Where can you get the miltec cover and the pro pointer holder? I'm assuming they'll both fit the AT Gold?

OP
OP
rks1949

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

knightsquad

Apr 5, 2013
East Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Soverign
Tesoro, Vaquero
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
haha
(RK was asking about accessories that's all)

Potts

Oct 13, 2010
U.P. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I pop riveted mine ..... 100_0501.JPG it also keeps the Pro pointer in place...

badpenny

Mar 28, 2013
NE PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Metal Detector Accessories  - Home is the cover that I use. You must call or email Van and he will issue an invoice. I apologize if it is against forum policy to post a link, I have to affiliation to this site nor do I get any compensation from them either.

B

BiggusDiggus

Thanks Rks & badpenny! I'm going to get the cover and pin pointer holder. I really need to upgrade my shovel..thinking about one of the predator tools shovels, something for the CT roots and rocks...Any suggestions/reviews? Thanks again. HH

badpenny

Mar 28, 2013
NE PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I carry a good pair of pruning shears and use a T-Handle Lesche at the places where people don't see and a hand one where they do.

Silver Worm

Aug 26, 2012
Columbus, Ms.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Eurotek Pro, Fisher F11, Garrett Pro Pointer. AT, Lesche digging tool. 5x8 and 8.5x11 DD coils, 4.5 Super Sniper coil.
Primary Interest:
Other
I bought some vet wrap at Tractor Supply to wrap around and protect my ATP grip. It also allows you to grip it easier. It's like the stuff they wrap around your arm when you give blood. Less than 3 dollars and comes in different colors, including black. image.jpg

choppadude

Dec 23, 2012
Twin Tiers NY
Detector(s) used
XP Deus X2, CTX 3030, E Trac, T2, AT Pro, AKA Sorex, Makro Kruzer, Minelab GP3500, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would say:
#1 Pro Pointer
#2 Gunrunners Pro Pointer mount
#3 Lesche digger
#4 5" X 8" DD coil

badpenny

Mar 28, 2013
NE PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ordered the Pro Pointer holder, we'll see how that works.

OP
OP
rks1949

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

JSMITH

Feb 23, 2013
Idaho
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO,Garrett Ace 250,Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My best accessory for the ATP are my ears. LoL The machine seems heavy enough with the stock coil so i don't want to make it more so. After a 4-5 hr hunt, you feel it. The smaller DD coil is the only addon i purchased.

Never have given any second thought to the weight. I don't think that I have ever been fatigued, even after an 8hr hunt....I must be a machine! Lol.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread