Dec 20, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euroace
Teknetics EuroTek Pro
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone,
My euro ace started doing this a few weeks ago.It gives off loads of false signals,even in the air.Ive tried tightening the cable,lowering the sensitivity,changing the batteries,everything! I even sent it back to Regton metal detectors(where I bought it from),and they replaced the coil! Still to no avail.I cant metal detect,and regton have no idea whats wrong with it.They couldn't find anything wrong with it-but there is.I really want to resume metal detecting,but I cant because of this problem.
I have put a youtube link to a video of my actual machine acting up.It was left still in the video,but also does this when im trying to detect.If Any garrett users are online could you PLEASE help me?
Thanks in advance,

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i would myself if u do really like the detector then give garrett a call they have great customer service and will take good care of u, now if it were me i maybe thinking of mayb an upgrade if uve had it along time might be some thing to think about

OP
OP
C

collectorconor

Dec 20, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euroace
Teknetics EuroTek Pro
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive only had it since last Christmas

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Should be still a warrenty then id call garrett befor warrenty runs out

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you try resetting the machine by holding down power button for 5 seconds

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

NW Digger

Oct 14, 2012
Mason, Ohio (moved from wa)
Detector(s) used
At-Pro, White's XLT, GTI 2500, Ace 250, Titan 2000xd, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you try resetting the machine by holding down power button for 5 seconds

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

I was getting ready to suggest the same thing, other then that it might have to take a trip to Garrett.

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Turn your sensitivity down, you are possibly experiencing EMI. The EuroAce with the DD coil is highly sensitive. If you do the factory reset by holding the power button for 10 seconds until the double beep and turn the sensitivity down, I think you will have better results. Make sure your coil wire is wrapped fairly tight and the connector to the control box is tight.

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

Last edited:

BadM0nkey

Apr 28, 2013
Andover, NJ
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE Limited Edition
Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Turn your sensitivity down, you are possibly experiencing EMI. The EuroAce with the DD coil is highly sensitive. If you do the factory reset by holding the power button for 10 seconds until the double beep and turn the sensitivity down, I think you will have better results. Make sure your coil wire is wrapped fairly tight and the connector to the control box is tight.

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

I agree. There are some places where you need to turn down sensitivity such as over buried power lines.

OP
OP
C

collectorconor

Dec 20, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euroace
Teknetics EuroTek Pro
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its still the same at minimum sensitivity.Its already taken a trip to England and they 'couldn't find any problems'...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread