Went Hunting this Morning,and Im Clad I did!

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went Hunting this Morning,and I'm Clad I did!

Went out early this am to beat the heat. I went to an old ball field (baseball) and thought there should be some coins there. It was built in the 20's by the Texaco Refining Co. Found two clad quarters about 8 inches apart,then a clad dime about 3 feet away from there. The stinki'n Lincolns came one at a time from a search all over the outfield. All the coins are toasted well. Then I found a ring that say's Lesley on it,and a tag with the name Helen on it! The one exciting moment came from a good sounding signal with no VDI or depth readings. I dug down to 8 inches,and still nothing,so I ran the coil; over the hole,and it said it was still there. I dug down another 4 inches,and checked the hole again. The coil said there was nothing in the hole,so I ran the coil over the dirt pile,and BINGO! There it was,the deepest BEAVER TAIL PULL TAB,I've ever dug! 12 inches down,............gehezzzzz! Abraham Lincoln musta had a beer on his way through town!
00116_zps6724509f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

knightsquad

Apr 5, 2013
East Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Soverign
Tesoro, Vaquero
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JEESE! 12"
Shhhh don't let everyone know or they'll ALL be buying ATs! LOL

Pete

OP
OP
rks1949

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
JEESE! 12"
Shhhh don't let everyone know or they'll ALL be buying ATs! LOL

Pete
Yeah,the soil was moist,and the signal was ringing like a faint dime. All the time I was digging,and checking,I could see visions of a really old silver coin! What a let down! If and when I go back to check out the outfield,the 8.5 X 11 DD coil will be on the ATP! Talk about moving like a snail,for hours! It's not the ticket for large areas!

Last edited:

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out early this am to beat the heat. I went to an old ball field (baseball) and thought there should be some coins there. It was built in the 20's by the Texaco Refining Co. Found two clad quarters about 8 inches apart,then a clad dime about 3 feet away from there. The stinki'n Lincolns came one at a time from a search all over the outfield. All the coins are toasted well. Then I found a ring that say's Lesley on it,and a tag with the name Helen on it! The one exciting moment came from a good sounding signal with no VDI or depth readings. I dug down to 8 inches,and still nothing,so I ran the coil; over the hole,and it said it was still there. I dug down another 4 inches,and checked the hole again. The coil said there was nothing in the hole,so I ran the coil over the dirt pile,and BINGO! There it was,the deepest BEAVER TAIL PULL TAB,I've ever dug! 12 inches down,............gehezzzzz! Abraham Lincoln musta had a beer on his way through town! [/URL][/IMG]

Nice finds this morning was great to get out I went out as well befor the rain started pulled in quite a bit of clad

Jay In NewKen

Jun 24, 2012
New Kensington, Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah,the soil was moist,and the signal was ringing like a faint dime. All the time I was digging,and checking,I could see visions of a really old silver coin! What a let down! If and when I go back to check out the outfield,the 8.5 X 11 DD coil will be on the ATP! Talk about moving like a snail,for hours! It's not the ticket for large areas!

I learned this as well. I now take both coils with me at all times. Ballfields, the stock coil is a must. Pavilions, smaller 5x8. Nice finds tho. I'll be hitting the park tonight after work. The rain should keep most ppl away :)

*edit* i also have the lower and mid shaft for both coils. Snap together, plug in and go!

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree Jay, I have the stock, the 5x8, and the Sniper coils, all on rods, ready to plug in and go. Keep them with me every time out
I learned this as well. I now take both coils with me at all times. Ballfields, the stock coil is a must. Pavilions, smaller 5x8. Nice finds tho. I'll be hitting the park tonight after work. The rain should keep most ppl away :)

*edit* i also have the lower and mid shaft for both coils. Snap together, plug in and go!

OP
OP
rks1949

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
metal_detector_searching.gif
Nice finds especially the beaver tail pull tab rks!
killingme.gif
Yeah, I'm polishing it as we speak!:laughing7: You don't find many that deep!

Digger2

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2013
Vacherie Louisiana
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS,Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500 ,
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Detectorpro Uniprobe

Vibra-tector 730
Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I feel your pain on the beaver tail. Those rascals must have been manufactured by a company that made antennas, because the sure send a signal a long way. I figure its the shape of the beaver tail that helps with signal propagation.

chenty

Nov 4, 2012
missouri
Detector(s) used
BT IV, ACE 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm Clad I did!.......That is to funny :laughing7: :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread