AT Pro Dual Coil package or AT Gold Adventure package

bswanney

Oct 12, 2012
Omaha, NE
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ok, have been following this forum for the last 3 or 4 months and appreciate the tons of great feedback. I have learned a lot, and I feel I'm now ready to pull the trigger on my first MD. Based on research and some common sense, I feel the Garrett AT is the machine for me, however I'm having difficulty in selecting from the two packages. I live in the Midwest, no salt water, we don't have an abundance of gold. I will be using the Garrett MD looking for coins and old relics. From what I have read the AT Gold will go maybe just a tad deeper and with the "all metal mode" it maybe a better fit for my use.

I'm looking for your comments. The cost is nearly the same and not a factor. Thanks in advance for everyone's pros and cons.

krazyace

Jan 9, 2009
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get the AT Pro Dual Coil package.

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't get hung up on depth as a deciding factor. I would think that the Pro would be better suited for you as an all around hunter.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If What ur after is old relics & coins id go with the Atpro over gold like u said there is no gold where u r & with the pro u can hit up salt or fresh water little more options with pro in my opinión now as of packages i went with the adventure but very soon afterwards I bought the 5x8 & it hasnt come off since its a great coil

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I didn't know the ATP was available with a 2 coil package? Mine was the Adventure Package.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 2 coil package was a spring promotion last year. When those went out of stock, some dealers bundled a 2nd coil with the detector. Any dealer can make you a 2 coil package, but the ADVERTISED prices will be the same as adding the coil to the other package.

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread