My New Favorite Detector...

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
fella

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Are you going to buy a back up? Maybe a AT Gold?
Gold, Dues or Tejón

Leaning more in the Gold direction. Since I've come to like my ATP as much as I do, I think the Gold makes the most sense. I like the idea of a true all metal.
I know the Gold lacks the notch disc but I don't care. I run the Pro wide open anyway. I would think the Gold would be like a Pro on steroids!

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You have done a 360 from your first post. The AT Pro is my first detector, and I have over 200 hours on it, I cant even imagine what I want to upgrade to, or why, or add, to do what this one cant. I hunt parks, schools, home sites, demo sites, and Great Lakes beaches, and I think I bought the perfect detector, first time!!

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gold, Dues or Tejón

Leaning more in the Gold direction. Since I've come to like my ATP as much as I do, I think the Gold makes the most sense. I like the idea of a true all metal.
I know the Gold lacks the notch disc but I don't care. I run the Pro wide open anyway. I would think the Gold would be like a Pro on steroids!
I've thought about the Gold too! But I don't know why!:dontknow: We don't have any natural gold around here,but the higher freq would help find smaller targets, deeper in the ground. My ATP might as well have only one mode!:laughing7: All I ever use anymore is Pro Zero,full sence,zero discrimination. The other five modes could be used for something else,like open,or retract beer holder,cigarette lighter,bug fogger,ect.

Sapper724

May 28, 2013
Northwestern WI
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO (Current)
Minelab Etrac (Current)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Sampson 31" Digger

Fisher F2 (RIP)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ugh, I don't even wanna think about upgrading, i'm happy with what I got :) I don't think I'll be gold hunting anytime soon. I couldn't justify an upgrade, and I'm sure my wife would agree lol

OP
OP
fella

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ugh, I don't even wanna think about upgrading, i'm happy with what I got :) I don't think I'll be gold hunting anytime soon. I couldn't justify an upgrade, and I'm sure my wife would agree lol
Don't know if an "upgrade" really exist anymore.

Sapper724

May 28, 2013
Northwestern WI
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO (Current)
Minelab Etrac (Current)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Sampson 31" Digger

Fisher F2 (RIP)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't know if an "upgrade" really exist anymore.

Haha u really like it huh, I took mine out the other day to havent had it out in a while since I got the v3i just wow I think the v3i obviosly has more info on targets but damb the Atpro is alot quicker u dont need the slow swing like the whites both r great & im glad I got them both

OP
OP
fella

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Haha u really like it huh, I took mine out the other day to havent had it out in a while since I got the v3i just wow I think the v3i obviosly has more info on targets but damb the Atpro is alot quicker u dont need the slow swing like the whites both r great & im glad I got them both

You know, I really do. I was was SO put off on buying one because of my Ace series experience but I'm sure glad I did!

And I wasn't kidding about this...
All my other detectors are going on Craigslist tonight!
I did! They're on CL!

Digger2

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2013
Vacherie Louisiana
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS,Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500 ,
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Detectorpro Uniprobe

Vibra-tector 730
Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I favor my AT Pro over my Gti 2500. I have been considering the AT Gold very seriously for a backup and use the 2500 for a loaner. Glad you are happy with it Fella!

OP
OP
fella

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I favor my AT Pro over my Gti 2500. I have been considering the AT Gold very seriously for a backup and use the 2500 for a loaner. Glad you are happy with it Fella!

My brother recently bought a 2500 but considered the ATP too. Why do you prefer the ATP?

YukonCorn

Jun 13, 2013
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer, Plastic Scooper, Trowel, 17" Shovel, Lesche Digging Tool, Garrett Camo Treasure Pouch, Garrett Detector Bag, Headphone Bag, LED Flashlight, 8.5"x11" DD Coil Cover
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hhmm sounds good for now I have to play around with the ACE 350 I purchased and then look at another detector.

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATG and thinking about another nugget hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I started with the ATG instead of the ATP. Love it. Still haven't found a nugget yet, but I've taken some of my gold I've dug out of the ground. It picked up a small amount. Just a whisper. No VDI came up. I heard of this before and now sometimes think I may have passed up some small gold in a wash. The ATG is very sensitive to the hot rocks but I will tell ya some of the small wire pieces I've picked/detected was missed by my sons BH Pro 505. The BH has the same MHz which is why I got it for the kids. Just the simplicity until I let them (or get them a ATG). If wanting to hunt gold. I've been told to also get a gold bug. Then of course the GTX 5000. But for now my ATG has not upset me and its definitely taken a beating. Great machine. My wife says I'm cheating on her and that I love "IT" more. They both make noise and I plan on hanging on to both a long time.

Sapper724

May 28, 2013
Northwestern WI
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO (Current)
Minelab Etrac (Current)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Sampson 31" Digger

Fisher F2 (RIP)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hhmm sounds good for now I have to play around with the ACE 350 I purchased and then look at another detector.

Its not so much what you're swinging, its whose holding the machine. A 90 dollar machine can find some of the same stuff a 2k machine can as long as you know what its telling you. Give it a chance before you give it up :)

Sapper724

May 28, 2013
Northwestern WI
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO (Current)
Minelab Etrac (Current)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Sampson 31" Digger

Fisher F2 (RIP)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You know, I really do. I was was SO put off on buying one because of my Ace series experience but I'm sure glad I did!

And I wasn't kidding about this...
I did! They're on CL!

Lol, I saw your listing! I'll post the link on fb and see if you get any hits. If I could get my wife into it I'd buy one, but can't get her on the bandwagon yet :)

YukonCorn

Jun 13, 2013
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer, Plastic Scooper, Trowel, 17" Shovel, Lesche Digging Tool, Garrett Camo Treasure Pouch, Garrett Detector Bag, Headphone Bag, LED Flashlight, 8.5"x11" DD Coil Cover
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its not so much what you're swinging, its whose holding the machine. A 90 dollar machine can find some of the same stuff a 2k machine can as long as you know what its telling you. Give it a chance before you give it up :)

Ok I will.

Sandscoopdan

May 19, 2012
Cypress,Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Extreme scoop
Boat: 20ft Four Winns w/92 V8 5.0L Cobra Mustang engine
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Lol, I saw your listing! I'll post the link on fb and see if you get any hits. If I could get my wife into it I'd buy one, but can't get her on the bandwagon yet :)

Yea, I hear ya there. Can't get my wife into it either. My kid is so I just bought 2 AT pro's for us. Me and my daughter and my dog r gonna detect a lot of lakes, beaches soon. Wife can keep on reading her iPad, iBook, whatever the heck it's called!

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATG and thinking about another nugget hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Lol. My wife's the same way. Yet put her in a mall and there's no stopping her.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions