What I learned about the AT Pro on Sunday

badpenny

Mar 28, 2013
NE PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
is it works better with a young guy holding it.

Sunday I got the brainstorm to walk an old trolley trail with the AT Pro. Last time I walked along this trolley bed was maybe thirty years ago, I was a lot younger and didn't have any medical problems back then. About ten minutes into the walk the old brain kicked in and I kept hearing in my ear, "You stupid, stupid man." and I had to agree with those voices. What I learned is I am a yard man, if it is flat and clear I'm in, otherwise it isn't going to happen. My advise to anyone is think about what you are about to do and then ask yourself can I do it without breaking anything, including my body parts BEFORE you attempt to detect it.

Hey, I can't turn back the hands of time, and I will be happy being the old guy in the park with the metal detector. And I'm fine with that...

Digger2

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2013
Vacherie Louisiana
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS,Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500 ,
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Detectorpro Uniprobe

Vibra-tector 730
Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My advise to anyone is think about what you are about to do and then ask yourself can I do it without breaking anything, including my body parts BEFORE you attempt to detect it...
Sounds like good advice, young or old. When I get old, I surely am planning on watching it a lot closer:thumbsup:

Roy

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector_vpnavy.gif
Welcome to my world badpenny.
killingme.gif

OP
OP
badpenny

badpenny

Mar 28, 2013
NE PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL, and I am an old Air Force guy too. I'll cut an old Navy guy a break. LOL!

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just wanted to say to the vets on here I apreciate all ur sevices

bush13st_beav3r

Apr 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm 25, and I don't do any trails, tracks,mountains, steep grade hills... ....digging n a yard is enough workout for my outofshape@!!, so, badpenny, ur still bolder AND braver than I, myself, in that venture... ...I've only went river digging once this year....tore me up...

-beav3r

OP
OP
badpenny

badpenny

Mar 28, 2013
NE PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I keep telling myself; I was a soldier once, and therefore I can do anything. LOL!

I was a computer geek for uncle Sam. LOL!

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I keep telling myself; I was a soldier once, and therefore I can do anything. LOL!

I was a computer geek for uncle Sam. LOL!
When I was younger,I rode/raced cycles for Harley Davidson. I have metal rods in both legs,a metal plate in my right sholder,and pins in both knees! I won't give up though. It may take me longer to get there,but I'll make it! I wonder if Hover Round makes a MD bracket for their mobility scooters!:laughing7:

OP
OP
badpenny

badpenny

Mar 28, 2013
NE PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel the same way; I just can't wait around to die. Crap, I am in no hurry to go anywhere, just to be clear. LOL!

Last edited:

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

bush13st_beav3r

Apr 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lmfao...u guysssss.... I tell u what, bring ur hoverround to ks n ill fabricate u q md bracket, just bc it'd be AWEEEEESSOOOMMMMMMME....million dollar idea there....after every one of us gets so old we HAVETO b n the hovers...

-beav3r

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
When you have an old forgotten ski slope on a steep hill that is all forested and it pops anything from 1840 on up, you start to depend on lighter machines and heavier doses of Motrin.

Sandscoopdan

May 19, 2012
Cypress,Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Extreme scoop
Boat: 20ft Four Winns w/92 V8 5.0L Cobra Mustang engine
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Maybe anderson will develop a detector holder for my hover round scooter. It's gonna have to be salt resistant cause those doctors could never keep me out of that salt water on the beach

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread