ATP Sucks up Another Silver!

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went out this morning and hunted a area I haven't hunted before. Put the Big coil on and used the "Detecting Buddy" harness(what a world of difference that makes!). The coins were few and far between,after covering a large part of the area,I was almost back to my truck,when I got a solid 84 VDI signal at 8 inches depth. I crisscrossed the target,and began to dig. I kept checking the hole with my coil,and it said it was there dead center in the hole! I removed more dirt to find a large root right in the middle of the hole,the size of my forearm!:BangHead: I checked the signal and it said it was still there,so I began making the hole wider to get around the root. I kept getting a signal from my pro pointer now dead center on top of the root!??? I dug around the bottom side of the root,then checked again! No signal!:icon_scratch:Then I looked over at the dirt I had just dug out from under the root,and there was a tiny piece of something bright. I took my fingers and gently removed the dirt with it in it. I couldn't believe my eyes!
0053_zps99f9762c.jpg
My second silver! A 52 Rosie! The funny thing is I never would have thought it would be where I found it! I guess a guy should check out all the areas,on a hunt and let your plan go on hold! Digging around that root was about the hardest dig I've done so far,but I'd do it again for another silver coin!:thumbsup:
00118_zpscd79a950.jpg

JRMan

Mar 20, 2013
West Coast Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer,
White's Coinmaster 6000/Di Professional
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice! Everyday is fun with the ATP.. :)

OP
OP
rks1949

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks,Guy's! Ya know,the funny thing is I found that silver where I wouldn't have ever thought it would be? I walked right past it on the way out to start hunting. Didn't even have the ATP turned on yet!:laughing7:

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I love hunting around big, old trees :icon_thumleft: but those big roots :BangHead: will make you earn your reward

knightsquad

Apr 5, 2013
East Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Soverign
Tesoro, Vaquero
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
VERY NICE WORK John!
Hard work there huh? Persistence paid off big time on that one!
Good Job!

Pete

Went out this morning and hunted a area I haven't hunted before. Put the Big coil on and used the "Detecting Buddy" harness(what a world of difference that makes!). The coins were few and far between,after covering a large part of the area,I was almost back to my truck,when I got a solid 84 VDI signal at 8 inches depth. I crisscrossed the target,and began to dig. I kept checking the hole with my coil,and it said it was there dead center in the hole! I removed more dirt to find a large root right in the middle of the hole,the size of my forearm!:BangHead: I checked the signal and it said it was still there,so I began making the hole wider to get around the root. I kept getting a signal from my pro pointer now dead center on top of the root!??? I dug around the bottom side of the root,then checked again! No signal!:icon_scratch:Then I looked over at the dirt I had just dug out from under the root,and there was a tiny piece of something bright. I took my fingers and gently removed the dirt with it in it. I couldn't believe my eyes!
0053_zps99f9762c.jpg
My second silver! A 52 Rosie! The funny thing is I never would have thought it would be where I found it! I guess a guy should check out all the areas,on a hunt and let your plan go on hold! Digging around that root was about the hardest dig I've done so far,but I'd do it again for another silver coin!:thumbsup:
00118_zpscd79a950.jpg

Sapper724

May 28, 2013
Northwestern WI
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO (Current)
Minelab Etrac (Current)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Sampson 31" Digger

Fisher F2 (RIP)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats! Silver is always awesome!

OP
OP
rks1949

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks,Guy's! Yeah I need to keep the Sampson closer to me (it was in the truck 25 feet away!):laughing7: I've been chang coils a lot now that I'm using the Detecting Buddy harness,and have noticed that the O ring on the coil wire connection,needs silicone applied to it about every two times it is changed out. This is important,as it keeps the O ring in good condition,and it seals out any water should you ever water hunt.
0015_zpsfcb0b4f6.jpg
You can get this at a local Lowes Home Improvement Store. It cost about 3.00 and will last forever. Look in the plumbing dept. It's called "plumbers silicone grease"!:thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread