Why Dosent Garrett Make a "Water Proof" cable Extension for the ATP?

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
gleaner1,I understand the function of the adapter. Does it not let you plug your jack into the rear section of the MD under the cuff,instead of pluging it into the control box,farther forward? To me that would give you a little more length,in your cord,maybe not?I understand that the cord will "over time" relax and have a longer length. I've had my ATP 1 month,and it has hunted in the rain at least 9 times in that period. I plan on hunting the local gravel pits (swimming holes) in a few weeks,and if I know me,I will either drop the ATP into the water,while recovering a target,or drop the ATP and have the head set pulled off my head (the stock one's),and we know where that is going to go. I think the ATP's see a lot more "wet" use than you think they do. That is one of their big selling features. Here in Illinois it has rained almost every other day,and I've watched my friends run to their trucks to get their detectors out of the rain,while I just keep going! Once I hit the swimming holes it's gonna see a lot of action under wet conditions.

The fact that the adapter is designed to come out the back does not negate the fact that it is meant to allow use of any stereo headphone with 1/4 jack. That is the only intent of the device.

A little fresh water in the headphone connector will not cause much grief, just dry it out. Wrap the joint tightly with electrical tape, that will put the IP rating in the water resistant range allowing you to hunt in rain. The real worry about hunting in the rain is getting the speakers wet, that will ruin them. I occasionally hunt in light rain with my pro golds which is not too smart but I have not had any problems, they are well sealed.

Last edited:

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
I beg your pardon...I didn't try covering my postings like you did....move along before I report you for harrassment...

Whatever Potts. I aint got nothing against you, but man you got your panties in a bunch over me, fer sher. I am trying to help the op. So you dont like me. OK. Let's try to overcome any perceived hostilities and move on.......Jeepers Creepers

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I beg your pardon...I didn't try covering my postings like you did....move along before I report you for harrassment...
Threating to report someone for harassment when they haven't harassed you is kinda lame...your the one that came on here with smart remarks and a GEE WHIZ attitude.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread