AT Pro vs. AT International

SaskSteve

May 12, 2013
Saskatchewan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can someone tell me the differance between the two? Besides the depth indicator in cm's vs inches? Are the internals the same? depth?!? I'm getting caught up in the hype of the AT, and there is a Canadian distributor with a heck of a deal on the International. I have a 250 right now, and would really like the capability of hunting the water at the beaches here in Saskatchewan.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Huh. I was unaware of there being 2 different Atpro's myself even the catalog from garret doesnt say anything about being a internation 1 id also like to c the outcome of this anything is,possible I assume I dont know it all though wish I did lol good luck

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found this...

AT-PRO US
Target ID Cursor Segments = 12
Length (Adjustable) = 42" to 51" (1.06m - 1.29m)
Tones = Low (0-39) Mid (39-75) High (75-99)
Display Panel = Depth displayed in Inches, variations in the Target ID Legend

AT-PRO International
Target ID Cursor Segments = 20
Length (Adjustable) = 43" to 56" (1.09m - 1.42m)
Tones = Low (0-39) Mid (39-50) High (50-99)

Display Panel = Depth displayed in Centimeters, variations in the Target ID Legend
Everything else such as frequency, weight etc are exactly the same.

5jty7p.jpg

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Huh Guess I wasnt the only one curious lol

OP
OP
S

SaskSteve

May 12, 2013
Saskatchewan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Fella. I think I would prefer the Pro, being an old school carpenter I can relate to inches better than I can to cm's! These Canadian clad coins are a real bear to determine on my 250, so I've just been digging any repeatable signals and having better luck that way.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get ready for jars full of clad the Atpro is hound on coins

OP
OP
S

SaskSteve

May 12, 2013
Saskatchewan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha might as well make the most of my time while gunning for some old silver then, hey Christo?

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Exactly cuz when u get ur Atpro ur gonna b offly busy digging alot of good signals

OP
OP
S

SaskSteve

May 12, 2013
Saskatchewan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pulled the trigger this morning and ordered the Int'l version from a dealer in Ontario. It was by far the best price I found, even without the free shipping. Now it's 5-10 days of anticipation before it gets here.

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Let us know how that Centimeter thingy works out for ya!

OP
OP
S

SaskSteve

May 12, 2013
Saskatchewan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LoL will do! Basically the same setup as the 250, just have to remember that it goes 2",4",6" etc and pay no attention to the centimeter markings!

OP
OP
S

SaskSteve

May 12, 2013
Saskatchewan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This ATP is incredible. Iron audio on, Pro Zero mode, and swing away. I dug 7 bottle caps before I realized the distinctive tone they make... Didn't dig another on all morning. Found my first silver ring as well, a small toe ring with my wife's first initial (badly) engraved on it. Haha she was pretty stoked to see I actually found something silver.

Attachments

• image-4175756396.jpg
    image-4175756396.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 100
  • image-4086903171.jpg
    image-4086903171.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 119

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This ATP is incredible. Iron audio on, Pro Zero mode, and swing away. I dug 7 bottle caps before I realized the distinctive tone they make... Didn't dig another on all morning. Found my first silver ring as well, a small toe ring with my wife's first initial (badly) engraved on it. Haha she was pretty stoked to see I actually found something silver.

Nice job Man it is a pretty awesome detector

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread