Just Won an Ace 250 on Ebay - SUPER EXCITED!!!!

Dendrobate

Tenderfoot
Apr 6, 2011
Been wanting one for a long time (can't afford the pro right now) and saw one on eBay that came with a whole bunch of stuff including 2 coils ( two books, DVD, Garrett bag, rain cover, head phones, manual) and I won the auction for $212.50!!!!! I'm so excited! Wanted to tell someone but my husbands asleep (works nights) so thought I would post it here, lol Now I have to figure out where to take it! So excited though! Is the pin pointer on the machine good or would I need to get one? Thanks!!!!!! :hello2::hello2::hello2:

Jay In NewKen

Jun 24, 2012
New Kensington, Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on your new machine. Its a decent MD and you should find plenty with it. As for the pin pointing, it has a built in pin point function, but i recommend purchasing a pro pointer as well. Makes target recovery much faster.

knightsquad

Apr 5, 2013
East Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Soverign
Tesoro, Vaquero
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dendro!
Congrats! I'm so happy for you!

But, like Jay said you can pinpoint with the machine but after you dig your plug
a hand held pin pointer will make finding your target much faster than running
your fingers through the dirt trying to feel for it. But if money is tight right now
you can get by without one for a while but they do find your target so much faster!
Less frustration...

Pete

Been wanting one for a long time (can't afford the pro right now) and saw one on eBay that came with a whole bunch of stuff including 2 coils ( two books, DVD, Garrett bag, rain cover, head phones, manual) and I won the auction for $212.50!!!!! I'm so excited! Wanted to tell someone but my husbands asleep (works nights) so thought I would post it here, lol Now I have to figure out where to take it! So excited though! Is the pin pointer on the machine good or would I need to get one? Thanks!!!!!! :hello2::hello2::hello2:

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well Congrates on ur new detector package & the pinpointer feature yes it works & will help but definetly save up for the pro pointer & while saving jump back on there mayb u can find even a different model hey any is better then none ive seen them go pretty cheap for others like I said they will help ya then having none also welcome to the detector site its a great place for info on everything & sharing tips etc HH

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
congrats.gif
Dendrobate!

rickv14623

Dec 24, 2012
upstate, ny
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats, sounds like a nice deal. Let us know how it works out for you

HH

Rick

Sapper724

May 28, 2013
Northwestern WI
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO (Current)
Minelab Etrac (Current)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Sampson 31" Digger

Fisher F2 (RIP)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats Dendrobate, and welcome to the forums! If you need any help with anything, many of us will be more than happy to help out! Happy Hunting and Congrats!!!

OP
OP
D

Dendrobate

Tenderfoot
Apr 6, 2011
Thanks everyone! Been so happy all day, lol Can't wait till I can use it. The only metal detector I have tried was a couple of years ago and that was the bounty hunter ex. Found a few small things with it but nothing "great". I know the 250 is much better then that, lol Anyone from the Houston area?

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone! Been so happy all day, lol Can't wait till I can use it. The only metal detector I have tried was a couple of years ago and that was the bounty hunter ex. Found a few small things with it but nothing "great". I know the 250 is much better then that, lol Anyone from the Houston area?

Congratulation! It's a great machine for the money.

I'm right up the road from you in Spring TX.

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

knightsquad

Apr 5, 2013
East Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Soverign
Tesoro, Vaquero
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Dendro!

Do you own any ?
I knew I saw that name somewhere! LOL
Pretty cool if ya do!

Pete

Attachments

• dendro.jpg
    dendro.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 84
OP
OP
D

Dendrobate

Tenderfoot
Apr 6, 2011
Hey Wayne! Nice to "meet" you! I am actually in Porter which is between Conroe, New Caney, and Kingwood :-) Any places you would suggest checking out?

OP
OP
D

Dendrobate

Tenderfoot
Apr 6, 2011
Hey knightsquad! That is exactly where I got my name, lol I love poison dart frogs and plan on getting some very soon. I think though I am going to go with the leucomelas.

YukonCorn

Jun 13, 2013
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer, Plastic Scooper, Trowel, 17" Shovel, Lesche Digging Tool, Garrett Camo Treasure Pouch, Garrett Detector Bag, Headphone Bag, LED Flashlight, 8.5"x11" DD Coil Cover
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool! get the pro pointer as well I will save you time searching.

knightsquad

Apr 5, 2013
East Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Soverign
Tesoro, Vaquero
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha
Thought so!
Pretty cool! Show us a pic when you get one!

Pete

Hey knightsquad! That is exactly where I got my name, lol I love poison dart frogs and plan on getting some very soon. I think though I am going to go with the leucomelas.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions