stupid me!

badpenny

Mar 28, 2013
NE PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry for the double post but I am on my phone. I did want to say I tape my speaker and button to try and keep dirt and water out. Makes it a little hard to hear but at least I won't ruin it, or at least I hope.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even though a lot of things are Obamas doing, this one is all me. I will let you know what I find out. Sandman, I can only hope that someday I can be as "advanced" as you. I've never used a screw driver and I've never dug in a park. Sorry to disappoint...lol. also, don't you take a chance of messing up your find?
Of course you could mess up a coin but I have braised brass onto the tip. Lots of coins you'll find are not worth crap an the time saved is worth it. You need to finess the probe into the ground to barely touch the coin and pop it out. Many guys stab a scarch awl in the ground. Many times if the coin is to deep for me to touch it, I'd rather leave it than dig a plug in a park or nice lawn. Lawn mowers can suck pout the grass plug and then it looks like some Th'er didn't fill they're holes and another park is then closed.

Potts

Oct 13, 2010
U.P. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sandman...not to side track the "Stupid me" topic going on page 2, but I orderd the Steath Classic 8 today, Lynidia said I should get it July 3. Reading the reviews on other Web sites your review stood out the most...and I just want to Thank You....If you ever come up North I can tell you of of few beaver ponds to hunt :)...Other than that I no nothing....:)

OP
OP
jodee89

jodee89

May 26, 2013
derry, pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter sharp shooter ultra mag
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I called today and the lady was very nice. I explained myself and she laughed it off and told me to send it in and I'll have it back in 10 days. She told me they get a lot sent back. Next time I'll listen to my wife...haha. at least I didn't cut my boat in half or total my truck....lmao. sandman your screwdriver trick sounds logical and makes sense in a park but my inexperience tells me to do what I know best. I've honestly never seen it done. I'll have to see if any videos on youtube show this tactic. Thanks again all for the good advice and good stories, I'll let ya know the final outcome.

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've cut "plugs" all over my lawn,and I bet you will have to get down on your knees to find a little seam in the ground,if you can find that! It's all in the way you cut the plug,and how well you clean up after you retrieve the coin.

knightsquad

Apr 5, 2013
East Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Soverign
Tesoro, Vaquero
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for leaving all the coins for us Sandman!

I'll dig em up and you won't even know I was there either!
YOU are to much dude... hahahah
Pete

AND YES YOU ARE HIJACKING THIS THREAD! TAKE IT SOMEWHERE ELSE PLEASE.
THIS ISN"T YOURS...

Of course you could mess up a coin but I have braised brass onto the tip. Lots of coins you'll find are not worth crap an the time saved is worth it. You need to finess the probe into the ground to barely touch the coin and pop it out. Many guys stab a scarch awl in the ground. Many times if the coin is to deep for me to touch it, I'd rather leave it than dig a plug in a park or nice lawn. Lawn mowers can suck pout the grass plug and then it looks like some Th'er didn't fill they're holes and another park is then closed.

knightsquad

Apr 5, 2013
East Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Soverign
Tesoro, Vaquero
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jodee,
Glad it all worked out for you!
Happy for you! hehe They are great..
Pete

I called today and the lady was very nice. I explained myself and she laughed it off and told me to send it in and I'll have it back in 10 days. She told me they get a lot sent back. Next time I'll listen to my wife...haha. at least I didn't cut my boat in half or total my truck....lmao. sandman your screwdriver trick sounds logical and makes sense in a park but my inexperience tells me to do what I know best. I've honestly never seen it done. I'll have to see if any videos on youtube show this tactic. Thanks again all for the good advice and good stories, I'll let ya know the final outcome.

OP
OP
jodee89

jodee89

May 26, 2013
derry, pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter sharp shooter ultra mag
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So I got my pro pointer back today. Brand new unit.....woohoo! Glad to have it back although I've gotten pretty good at locating things without it. Garrett and their people are top notch!!! Big thanks to them for standing behind their products.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I got my pro pointer back today. Brand new unit.....woohoo! Glad to have it back although I've gotten pretty good at locating things without it. Garrett and their people are top notch!!! Big thanks to them for standing behind their products.

Glad u got it back they r a great well built strong tool, I don't think I could ever get a different pinpointer but the propointer

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread